More affordable disc and CV upgrade for a 610?

datsunfreak

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard back from a nissan wrecker and he told me that there are 3 types of arms. Early/late, single/twin piston calipers. What is the best model to go for?

The later the better, as that's your only chance to get CV halfshafts. As Laecaon said, ideally an '82-83 (and a 2+2 model) is the best donor. CV axles, good gear ratio, better calipers, etc. 

FYI, our cars never had twin piston calipers on the rear, or front. Never seen an S130 that did. I think he's a bit off there...

• 8 months later...

jeesh micro you just had to bring attention to the fact he's long since sold the 610       

Not to bust your bubble, but this entire thread was created 6 months after I sold the car...    ^_^

Just bumping this to draw attention to the fact that the pics don't work anymore...

The internet is the very definition of  impermanence.   B)

The gentleman who owns this car had these photos hosted on his website. Guess he must've taken them down...

Alright, next question. Were you able to test out the setup with just the rear LCA's bolted into the 610 subframe? If one were to only get the ZX LCA's, but not the CV axles(some ZX applications didn't have CV axles), would the stock 610 half shafts work? Or are a) long enough to reach the differential, and B) the same bolt spacing/pattern as the ZX hub flange on the LCA?

Thank you :)

You're welcome.  

Were you able to test out the setup with just the rear LCA's bolted into the 610 subframe? If one were to only get the ZX LCA's, but not the CV axles(some ZX applications didn't have CV axles), would the stock 610 half shafts work? 

Just to be on the safe size, use the 280ZX diff and halfshafts (non-CV). Then I know everything will work together. 

I'll look at my 280ZX non-CV halfshafts tomorrow and see if the bolt pattern is the same, but I think it is. As I recall, only the CV axles have the 6-bolt flange. All the u-joint shafts I've seen have the same 4-bolt flange.