FNG

smoke

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes that's my living .... if u do,  i got some parts marinating down there in vancouver (im blue has a l series efi for me)....... adam needs his slush box closer to him in portland and im supposed to meet up with joel to pick up his wheels to coat too .... shit i may have to break the new astro van and do a parts train to oregon and back next week ... woot woot .... i don't wanna load all that shit in my 521

I really just dig the hell out of that color. 

my wheels....?????

u should look at my p/c thread i think doms wheels from his 620 are on there ... we did them a off white and he put white walls on them i think with caps they look fresh ...

I do like the wheels, but was talking about your truck. I'll hold off on coating them, you and I will work something out. I feel a lot better about that. As a matter of fact, I have a lot of 'stuff' that you will get.

One of my many projects.

CJCL3.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, not to sound like too much of a wimp, but I have went and changed it from fun to "please live, please live, please live". Like being rear ended by a semi, followed by a lot of noise, some blurry shit and the taste of tinfoil in your mouth after you shut down. I overdo everything until I hate it.

• Like 1

heres a idea stop using the worst browser known to man (firefox or opera work good and chrome a good option too ..)    ask me how i know ... i used ie for years ... it sux ..

Each to their own of course. I'm happy with internet explorer.

It goes well on pc's.

Happy it worked out anyway. Now we get pics.

• 2 weeks later...

smoke, I gotta hubcap that's pretty mint, yours if you want it.

My truck WAS the same color... the day before i bought it, the p.o. rattle canned it primer gray cause it had surface rust.  then i rattle canned it semigloss black so it looks like a super pile of  :poop:

Thanks for your service. I'm fixing to go in if the military will let me join.

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I actually brought back that pissed on cap much better than I thought it would turn out, so I don't really need it now, but thanks. Hit that semi gloss with a Scotch brite pad, some dish soap and water, see what happens.

Hey man does any of your buddies have any old steel (or Alum ) 14/15x15 with Ford truck/jeep pattern they are no longer using? i kinda need 2 and having a helluva time tracking some down cheap.

Some old used up treaded prostreet tires are needed also,, as they are used for low speed floatation machinery and not for street at all,, they only really need to hold air.

I asked on the H.A.M.B. a long time ago but got no reaction at all.

Yeah, something tells me that I have a set of steel ones that are 15x15 on the 5.5 pattern. Do the tires you want need to be smooth(ish) because I think I have a set of terra tires around. If not, I am 100% sure we can dig you something up, hell, I have made quite a few sets of 15x15 steels with good success.

Cool i'll have to ask how much is budgeted for them and if you want to sell we can argue about the price and maybe a seat for you truck. maybe. I have hit the "always in April " swap at the Portland expo and the wheels used to be all over but it seems everyone sand/mud dragging have went to those beadlock type wheels. Coastal corrosion would probably make those unuseable couple years and flats would be impossable to fit if you have break all the bolts off to get it apart... So that's why oldschool beads are better.

The tires we are going to run on the rims i asked about are 28/15.0/15.0 which are basically the right rear winged sprint car dirt tires, so they have a flat tread pattern. Machine is going to be 4X4 so they also have to match this time. .But Hoosiers prices have went up considerably ,, so I'm am kinda looking for a extra set of used prostreets to make a 2 wheel trailer and another full matching ( 4 tires ) set for another project in the future.. Used drag slicks might be ok for trailers as they have a squishy side wall.

We shall meet again.

The rear wheels you see on my Jeep in that picture are carbon fiber with an aluminum center, so not a lot of rust going on there. I am friends with a sprint car racer, I bet he has a load of tires they would no longer use. I do have a set of wrinkle wall slicks off of that drag truck of mine. They just got a bit old and stopped hooking good, but they would work great for what you need on a trailer. Too bad you don't need a six lug set of 15x15 wheels, I am looking at a set of those right in front of me.

grab49508.jpg

Full set as in 4 ?

This is my brother-in-laws soon to be buggy to match his other one. you have to look pretty deeeep to see the potential but i assure you it is there.

Snow2014_zpsfc678220.jpg

i would post pics of finish machine but they are at the beach, and I thankfully am not.

:lol:

Shit, should have said 'pair', not set, sorry, just the two of the six lug. I am slowly putting together a 63 Chevy swb pickup with a 04 24 valve cummins in it. I built the wheels for that, but have now decided to just narrow up a 1 ton rear I have. So, I am going to go to 8 lug on the rear and don't need the 6 anymore.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...