housew

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the status of the car today?

Same old crap. Crashed car, new panels in back seat, bank account full of insurance money, lazy body man.

Bout time to find a new guy. Still a month left of snow up here so there's still hope

• 1 month later...

Car finally made its way to the body shop. Shouldn't be too long till i can drive it again. Probably rock it in primer (maybe pastidip over that) for the summer and do more body work / paint over the winter. I wish i could keep the patina, just not possible with a new rear end.

• Like 1

Car finally made its way to the body shop. Shouldn't be too long till i can drive it again. Probably rock it in primer (maybe pastidip over that) for the summer and do more body work / paint over the winter. I wish i could keep the patina, just not possible with a new rear end.

Crazy you throw an update I was just wondering yesterday what happend to your car lol

Man, and I was hoping that sooner or later you would ask me if I wanted to buy it back

• 1 month later...

pretty quick month.

Some progress though.

20150608_100149_W%20Gray%20Rd_zps19qukwn

since then he has finished it up, got the seams stiched, ground, and seam sealed, and primed the rear / trunk.

I have some other bodywork things i'm going to pick away at for now (passenger side behind the rear wheel, coupla dents, Hood alignment) and probably rock it in various colors of primer/plasti dip till i get everything smooth. Then she'll get paint eventually.

also got some old corbeaus for her

20150514_200337_Gabriel%20Way_zpsjtv9g5i

• 2 weeks later...

finally got it home.

Need to work on getting a bumper for it.

then right back at the list.

1) wire in gauge cluster

2) buy and install bumper

3) replace trunk seal

4) install trunk lock

5) wire in speedo unit

6) fix high beam solenoid

7) install new headlights

8) install new seats

9) order and install patch panel on drivers side rear lower.

10) purchase and install windsheild.

but in maine, i can drive it while I do all those things, after an alignment.

• 5 months later...

I had it "on the road" all summer but really didn't drive it much. Definitely still needs an alignment. Been super busy with baby and moving, but I did end up with a new house and a place to put / work on the datto. Also got an older E55 AMG so that's been taking a good deal of my time getting it reliable.

Still looking for a bumper if anyone has any ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up buying an older non-perfect bumper that should match my also non-perfect car.

Drove it a bit yesterday, just on my own property. I miss it.

I'm currently working on modifying my garage so she can be in the project bay so I can get my list done over the winter. Have her tucked away in the barn till I finish up the garage. At least shes dry

20151220_1050081_zpsggpccz12.jpg

tanks. It was a horse barn a couple months ago. I just got the stalls out and swept up and it cleaned up nice. I have 2 stalls left but they are full of motor scooters so they stall walls aren't really in the way. I'll open it up some more in the spring.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked through all my old pics and I don't :(

I do have the best intentions of putting it back in soon, at which point I could take pics.

It looked completely black when it was off (used tinted acrylic). and the gauges shown through just dandy and looked awesome when it was on. Its on my project list and i'll post up when I make some progress.

• 2 months later...

I got the car into the garage so I can tinker with more often. Getting quite a few little projects with it buttoned up.

I finally put the gauge cluster back together and tested it. I'm as far along as I was (turn signals, water temp, oil temp, high beams) and am working on the fuel gauge and the speedo. Speedo should be done tomorrow and I'll get some on and off pics with it all buttoned up.