rusty 620 rim mod---->

Ok not a major mod but i wanted to share what i did to a set of old generation 1 620 stock rims.

These rims sat outside for years & developed a nice "patina" or layer of rust if you will. So...i took some 80 grit paper & gave em a light scuffing followed by 2 coats of urethane clear. I wire brushed & painted the lug holes F & B as well to prevent rusty lug studs. Then i dug out 4 caps & bam ! These will go on my brothers 92 hardbody eventually....

1zecylv.jpg

10ftgnb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look great.

But I don't think that those wheels will clear brake calipers, so make sure you do a test fit before paying to get tires mounted and balanced.

I am running stock 521 rims on that dual piston setup you sold me a few years ago, all I did was hit the six spots that stick out with a hammer, and they work just fine.

BTW, that was a great deal, all I had to do was change out the hardbody hub for a 620/early 720 hub and it worked great.  THANKYOU. :)

• Like 1

These look real good close up!  Creativity is what I enjoy most of the car & truck people & Mark is always thinking of fun mods and easy mods.  Thank you for sharing Mark

Thanks Charlie..its a dual thing for me. I clean up the parts pile & help my bro @ the same time.

• Like 1