Nissan Unveils new engine 1.5L 3cyl 400hp & 88lbs!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been betting on how quickly certain things will go from facebook to ratsun lol, I got the under on this one. 

Pretty awesome engine, lets see how it performs though. The biggest part of Le Mans is endurance. 

That would so awesome to have that motor in a lightweight car.  Probably makes next to nothing for torque though, more than likely some insanely high rpm.  But yeah, not enough information in the news blurb and the pics on Nissan's site don't work.  Booo!!

Light enough to make a twin motor datsun. One under the hood and a second in the trunk.

I actually wonder if they could do a side by side sort of like the w16 in the veyron. Or they could just do a straight 6.

I actually wonder if they could do a side by side sort of like the w16 in the veyron. Or they could just do a straight 6.

I was about to dismiss this as defeating the purpose, but there are some neat things that can be done with side by sides, such as shutting one down in econo mode etc. I'd watch that thread. But not a garage project to say the least. That's some management work.

But if the tech makes a smaller v6 twin turbo? Maybe the GTR will have a little mean ass brother? or a 2 wheeled monster?

I think this is going into the delta wing. Probably really far from hitting any real production.