Let's see your side view mirrors!

SickDrift

Hey everyone,

I need some mirrors for my 620. Ive been looking into several different options, like from the 720, JDM style fender mirrors, Lucas styled fender mirrors, and replacement models for the z cars. My tastes lean more towards classically styled chrome units, but I'm open minded.

Since we dont have a specific mirror thread (that I could find) I figured I start one. If you could, post a pic of your mirror on your truck, where you purchased it, and for how much.

Thanks!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic! Heres a site that sells alot of styles.....

http://www.cibieusa.com/

On my 620 im running the old school "baby turbo" mirrors found at a JY for $10.......

7-16mirrorspainted.jpg

I also grabbed a set of original Roadster mirrors that look very similar to older Z & 620 ones......no pic yet. On my old 521 I ran original 620 mirrors mounted on the fenders...

627fendermirrors.jpg

& im running the "wink" style & i can see everybody behind me :D

1016roofoff2.jpg

1.jpg[/url]

These look like Mustang ones. I tried them out on my truck but you cant mount them... They need a little "ridge" as you can see for them to work... Since 620 door's don't have that ridge they would have to be mounted on the fender for them too work... If you want these cheep just look on line for Classic 1966 Mustang mirrors... I used the 720 ones...

1.jpg[/url]

These look like Mustang ones. I tried them out on my truck but you cant mount them... They need a little "ridge" as you can see for them to work... Since 620 door's don't have that ridge they would have to be mounted on the fender for them too work... If you want these cheep just look on line for Classic 1966 Mustang mirrors... I used the 720 ones...

Kragen sells a mirror like that but flat on the bottom. "Universal replacement". Fit my 411 perfectly and is a close visual replica of the original [sans bubbling chrome]. It even fit the original door mounting fixture, no drilling or, literally, screwing around.

These look like Mustang ones. I tried them out on my truck but you cant mount them... They need a little "ridge" as you can see for them to work... Since 620 door's don't have that ridge they would have to be mounted on the fender for them too work...

Thanks for the heads up. I wouldnt have known this.

What else are people using besides the z31, peep and generic fender mirrors?

Here are mine, available anywhere in NA. The driver's sides are almost always remote controlled. I finally found a passenger side remote in a 'goon. The remote cables are more than long enough to reach the dimmer switch... and that's what I did. I removed the dimmer, who dims the dash lights anyway???, and taped it up out of the way. I filled the hole in the dash with the passenger side remote control for the mirror. Easy to reach and adjust without leaning forward.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/bodyGMremotemirrors1Large.jpg[/img]"]bodyGMremotemirrors1Large.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/bodyGMremotemirrors2Large.jpg[/img]"]bodyGMremotemirrors2Large.jpg

I have always admired this mirror's beautiful aerodynamic design. Looks good on a variety of models over almost 20 years at least. Chrome's ok, but I find too much sun and headlight glint from them plus I want the mirror to blend into my 620 and not draw attention.

Here are mine, available anywhere in NA. The driver's sides are almost always remote controlled. I finally found a passenger side remote in a 'goon. The remote cables are more than long enough to reach the dimmer switch... and that's what I did. I removed the dimmer, who dims the dash lights anyway???, and taped it up out of the way. I filled the hole in the dash with the passenger side remote control for the mirror. Easy to reach and adjust without leaning forward.

I have always admired this mirror's beautiful aerodynamic design. Looks good on a variety of models over almost 20 years at least. Chrome's ok, but I find too much sun and headlight glint from them plus I want the mirror to blend into my 620 and not draw attention.

Mike, what are these from?

Mike, what are these from?

Used by GM. I researched and found '68 Camaro had them and used up through late '70's Chev, Olds and Buicks. Latest I could find were some '83-'84 cars. That's a long time to use the same mirror. The one in the picture is from a '80+-?? Buick full size station wagon, remote control, of course. I like them. They are beautiful and simple... and simply beautiful.

Used by GM. I researched and found '68 Camaro had them and used up through late '70's Chev, Olds and Buicks. Latest I could find were some '83-'84 cars. That's a long time to use the same mirror. The one in the picture is from a '80+-?? Buick full size station wagon, remote control, of course. I like them. They are beautiful and simple... and simply beautiful.

Great info, thanks.

A lot of those mirrors look really good... I'm still debating mine, whether to go fender or door mount, chrome or paint, round or rectangular... I've got a mirror off an old VW Bus that I'm considering mounting in the stock antenna location, on the driver's side fender. It's got a pretty good viewing area, so as long as the A-pillar doesn't block too much of the view I'll go for it.

As far as the passenger's side mirror goes... My first car didn't have one, and neither did the Datsun when I first got it, so I'm not sure if I'll install one on the door. I am planning on installing a "look-down" mirror off of a semi-truck on the front-right corner of the car. It's a rectangular mirror about the size of a book with a convex lens... if I mount it properly, I should be able to see most of the ground along the front and side of the truck. It'll make it a hell of a lot easier to park without hitting anything or curbing the wheels/tires, and it should look pretty cool if I do it right.