Wheel size question

Hooligan

Alright, I need some info from you gurus.... 73' 610 goon... 3" blocks in the rear, and am going to do the 280ZX swap up front along with coilovers. Can I run a 15x8? If so, what offset? I guess what I am asking is can I run a 15x8 without rubbing issues on 3" blocks?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 710 and 610 cars are somewhat similar in looks, yet actually very different in size, wheel well space, engine bay, size of fenders, interior space and finishes etc.

The 610 has more wheel well space. The 710 is much more limited in that area.

I'm running 15x8 with 0 offset up from with longer control arms and 810 front struts and 15x9 -10 offset on the rears. Fits great just need to roll the lip. No flairing needed

If you are talking about a 610/180B sedan or hardtop vehicle, both have IRS suspension, unlike the 610/180B wagon (unless modified) which is a live axle, leaf sprung wagon.

Camber could help tires fit in through lip, camber could also make inside of tire rub upon leaning, a different animal altogether.

If you are talking about a 610/180B sedan or hardtop vehicle, both have IRS suspension, unlike the 610/180B wagon (unless modified) which is a live axle, leaf sprung wagon.

Camber could help tires fit in through lip, camber could also make inside of tire rub upon leaning, a different animal altogether.

Thats in my 610 2 door. yes it has irs but i have a camber adjustable rear crossmember for camber issues

I have been lookin at the VTO Classic 8. The only size is a 14x5.5... from there it drops to a 13x7 which won't clear the 280ZX brakes from what I have been told

http://www.vtowheels.com/14-stock-product.html

What happened to 15x8 +0? 

They make the Classic 8 in a 15x8 +4 which would also fit well...

http://www.vtowheels.com/15-stock-product1.html

And a 16x8 +3...

http://www.vtowheels.com/16-stock-product.html

Seems like I would have some rubbing issues with 15's. Not sure... just hear mixed results

Anyone who offers their advice, ask how many 610s they've owned/modified first. A lot of people are just regurgitating information they heard thirdhand.   :rofl:

Those 15x8 +4 wheels will not rub with 280ZX struts as long as you don't go crazy wide on the tires. Something like a 205/50-15 won't rub, and will look good.  

• Like 1