Newbie, need help understanding 63A#2 tranny

ncpiperpilot

Hi everyone,

I am a new guy here, but had been a long time Datsun owner. Had a '71 510 wagon from 1981 until 1986 (long before they were really cool), then bought a 10th Anniversary 280zx that I had from 1986 until 2011. My son (who was 3 when I got it) is the now the proud owner. Still looks very good and he has won awards at shows with it.

I know its heresy, but I now am into British sports cars owning a '53 MG TD, 2 Bugeye Sprite projects and about to pick up a '65 MG Midget project.  Thats where my question comes in. The Midget has an extra tranny, a Datsun 63A#2 with it. I was hoping it was the correct 5-speed for one of the Spridgets, but after investigation appears I need a model 60.

So... I think the 63A is useful to Datsun owners, where can this tranny be used?

I'd post pics, but I don't seem authorized to do that yet (or I can't figure out the attachment capability on this forum)

Thanks...Bill

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill you are totally allowed to post pictures but I might suggest doing so in the Classified section with al the information. CLASSIFIED is accessed by clicking  at the top of the page. I'm sure some luck B21/210 owner would love one.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/