Icehouse '68 Turbo Fund

Hey everyone. So listen, I know we are usually pretty tight w/ the wallets around here, but I can't help feeling for Icehouse and Frank for getting ripped off! And c'mon it is Jeff's B-day after all!

Also alot of folks don't know, but the way I understand it Jeff actually funds this haven we call Ratsun. And I for one have never heard him ask for a dime.

If you have an extra buck or two lying around in pay pal, how about donating to Jeff!

His paypal is DatsunLB110@hotmail.com

A couple of doners/pledgers so far:

Me

Slodat

69FJWagon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone. So listen, I know we are usually pretty tight w/ the wallets around here, but I can't help feeling for Icehouse and Frank for getting ripped off! And c'mon it is Jeff's B-day after all!

Also alot of folks don't know, but the way I understand it Jeff actually funds this haven we call Ratsun. And I for one have never heard him ask for a dime.

If you have an extra buck or two lying around in pay pal, how about donating to Jeff!

His paypal is DatsunLB110@hotmail.com

A couple of doners/pledgers so far:

Me

Slodat

69FJWagon

I missed this

Ripped off as in 68 dime stolen? :( :(

Sent you a little something Jeff.

Can we ask about how much money is needed each year to keep this forum going?

I have never heard you ask for anything to keep this site going and it would suck to lose this site due to funding. :eek:

So speak up if and when we can help you out.:D

Jason

Maybe this needs to be a sticky so its easy to find in the future.

Thanks for the funding dudes!! I really appreciate it!! Its been almost a week so I'm feeling much better now. I just have to be patient, my car won't be on the road as soon as I wanted. When do plans work out anyways :D If all goes well I should be able to order up the new MS box soon. I'm just glad that I'm past the point of wanting to sell everything :D

You guys don't have to worry about the sight, its not going anywhere. I don't mind paying for the sight, its just money. Its not like I've never had a cell phone bill that high haha :D

Jeff,

Unfortunately I know the feeling all too well. I've recently been there, and felt first hand what it's like to have your personal collection of stuff nicked. My friend, you were there for me when things went bad, the least I can do is return the favor. I'm glad you are past the point of giving up. Thinking about your project and looking forward is the best medicine :D

Take care my friend,

Byron

Thanks buddy!

When it happened it totally ruined all my plans of getting my turbo car going. School starts in a few weeks for me, so dime time will be sort for a few months... The good part is since I can't go forward with my car I can always go backwards!! I'm redoing my rack and pinion, not because it was bad or didn't work, because I know I can do better!!! Frank said he would help me paint my engine bay too :D The main reason I'm into cars is to learn the mechanics of an automobile. I could care less about how fast it is, the shock factor of having a zillion dollars or anything like that. I just want to do everything my self or with my buddies!! The only part I really miss is my Megasquirt, not that building another one won't be fun its just going to set me that many months behind.... I want to daily drive her again.

Thanks everyone for the help!!! I will update my thread once I get to work on her!!!!

At some point you just have to laugh at stuff or it will just make you crazy.

Easier said than done.

Last week I needed to get up early and go to an appointment. I was doing fine time wise, but my company truck was full of tools and still hooked to my utility trailer. I decided to drive the Datsun because it was full of gas and I hadn't been able to drive it since I was messing with the stereo. I had to pop the hood to reconnect the battery. I closed it and heard it click.

I took off and was thinking I had plenty of time, that I didn't need to hurry. About two blocks down the road, the hood flew up at about 30 MPH.

I hit the brakes and pulled over.

The hood is all bent back. It screwed up the hinges, the hood, my new windshield wipers, and the valance. It wouldn't even move and I had to drive it looking out the window. I was so bummed that I just about cried. At least it didn't break my new windshield.

It is a huge set back. I have no idea how much time and money I have into getting the truck cleaned up and painted. Now I have to go back. Fortunately I have a spare cherry hood and two valances, but I still have to sand, prime and paint them.

When I was driving back home to grab my work truck, I thought about you guys getting rippped. I thought, this is what those guys must have felt like when they walked in and saw all their stuff had been jacked.

When we were kids my brother and I used to make slingshots out of coat hangers and rubber bands. We would get into shootouts and fire what ever we could pick up like rocks or bottle caps, whatever. I got a couple of good shots on him that really pissed him off so he fired a glass marble at me and totally nailed my right testicle. I will never forget that pain. When I could finally move in an hour or so, I beat the pie outta him. After that I felt so bad about wailing on him that we never had another fight ever again.

The hood deal wasn't quite that bad, but it messed me up for a few days. My poor truck is sitting in the garage with a blanket over it. I haven't been able to bring myself to look at it yet. It took me a couple days to get over the thoughts of selling it and buying a CBR600.

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu: