77 Kc 620

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheg, my white standard cab is stock height.

datzenmike, I don't know if thats a booster off a 720, thats what came on it when I got it. I haven't tore into the engine bay yet, just got it covered for now. The guy said he had some brake issues. I could tell when I got the drums off the back. The guy didn't know how to take drums off. He took a screwdriver to pry them off and bent the hell out of back dust plates.

Bob3, this is all on the kingcab, still workin on her. I just thru a pic of my daily driver on here with the new decals.

Looks like a 720 booster. The 620 uses a much smaller one that is closer to the firewall. It's at it's practical limit for size because the clutch master is in the way as is the steering column below it. Because the 720s switched to the Z series motor with on intake on the driver's side there was room for that bigger booster on a longer pedestal out from the firewall. I toyed with the idea of the 720 set up because it allowed a larger master as well. My truck weighs near 3,400 lbs now and needs all the braking I can get.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, finally got the rear frame sanded and painted. Now I've taped her off and painting the rear axle. I'll post some pics when I'm done and have all the tape and paper off. And yes I did this ass backwards, but I didn't decide to paint the rear axle a different color until I had already painted the frame.

ebay014.jpg

ebay016.jpg