77 Kc 620

thats lookin real good, i've probably got that many xtra consoles, seats and such, bringing mine to the shop this next week to get goin on the body and paint, can't wait to get the previous old body work off, and all the new parts on, keep up the good work, as soon as i can find my digital camera i will get some pics of 70's flashback up on the project thread..:D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lookin good man, just a quick question. after sanding/stripping, did you have to prep the surface before applying primer? or did you spray directly onto the metal? also is that rattlecan primer your using? I will be staring bodywork soon and have no clue what i'm doing so any advice will help. Thanks

Hey Iron, I'm not the smartess when it comes to body work. I use acetone(spelling?) with a clean rag to wipe it down, (someone tell me if I should do something different) and yep thats high dollar rattle can I use, if the higher dollar spray really makes a difference? I'm gonna have someone else paint the truck when I'm done cleaning her up, but he may go behind me and do some touch up where I'm not to smooth with the bondo filler. I would pay him to do it all, but there's no fun in that.

• 3 weeks later...

Looky what I got last week. Got a new aftermarket hood from some auto place on line from out in Cali.

hood.jpg

Found a guy that use to deal in aftermarket parts years ago and he just happened to have two mint doors, no surface rust, things are perfect, $50 each.

ltdoor.jpg

rtdoor.jpg

Man, nothing like having nice new straight sheet metal. It's gonna be awhile before they get put on. I'm about done with getting the bed sanded and straight. I'll post some pics of the progress.

Oh yeah, got a new front bumper from the palace in Cali. you can see it leaning up beside the hood. I'll have to unwrap her and get a pic up.

Edited by Rubberman
forgot the bumper

Here's a couple of sites, they have the hood for $102, they must have went up. I got mine for $78. I'll check and make sure one of these is the one I ordered from. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=11394+1684+4294964932+9221

http://www2.partstrain.com/store/?N=11394+1684+4294964932+9220

I haven't test fit the hood yet, but with all aftermarket parts, you have to do alittle more to get everything to line up correct. No one sells aftermarket doors anymore, I just lucked into finding a guy that had them sitting around.

Edited by Rubberman
forgot
I stand corrected. I found this site that has doors also and the hood is cheaper.

http://www.autobodypartsonline.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?catid=1811&sid=77CBJv1VL5TH8eH-35106554290.10

Just an FYI: they don't stock the doors anymore. I tried calling them. Thanks for the other stuff.

Edited by budsaipan

Here's some pics left inside and out of the bed done.

77kc075.jpg

77kc076.jpg

Test fit the new doors to see what kind of adjusting I need to do. They fit pretty good. Still need to do a little adjusting to line everything up.

77kc077.jpg

77kc078.jpg

Here is the A/C unit I got off of kaos.

77kc079.jpg

I got a new rear window louver off of ebay a couple years ago for a kc, I just had to get the kc to put it on.

77kc082.jpg

Here is some new stuff I've been gathering up.

77kc080.jpg

77kc081.jpg

77kc083.jpg

Wow, someones been dropping dough on ebay! Looks good!

Oh yes I have. Not all at once. I've been picking stuff up over the last couple months. I got a few more things I didn't get a pic of. I'll be getting some more pieces from ole ebay soon. The main thing I'm worried about is finding the rubbers for the 1/4 glass.

• 3 weeks later...

Well got my brother in law over today to help me set the bed off. Going to work on the frame and redo the back brakes. Now I can work on straightening the front section of the bed and deal with the rust as you can see in the pics. It looks like the front part can be taken off and replaced, anyone know if you can get that peice, or maybe I'll just fab a new one up, cause this ones got some cancer at the bottom. On the brakes not sure if I'm gonna keep it stock or maybe get that setup on ebay for disc, just worried about getting questions answered if I have any problems about them. Well here are some pics. Oh yeah, went to jy today and they had a 88 and a 89 240 with ka24e in both. he wanted $600 for everything on either one. Don't know if that's a good price or not, hell I've been on craigslist and get a whole car for that.

77kc269.jpg

77kc273.jpg

77kc272.jpg

77kc270.jpg

77kc271.jpg

Edited by Rubberman

Got with a buddy of mine and we made up these decals for the bottom side of the truck. I'm gonna put these on my white truck when the weather clears up, and make some more for my project truck. These are black, you can't tell in the pic with the sticker to apply them on. I'll get some pics up after I install them. They are 4 inches tall and about 84 inches long, we allowed for the offset to center the Datsun on the door.

77kc274.jpg

77kc275.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

your 79 is looking good, I noticed that the front windsheild doesn't have the SS trim, did you use a new rubber seal ??

the datsun decal and valve cover are also looking great, nice job on the trk ,, :thumbup:

Edited by 420n620