Recommended Hand Brake

RTB

I want to relocate my handbrake to the tunnel and was wondering if there were any recommended assemblies. This is for a cable handbrake. Also some pictures of conversions would be much appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up all of the ZX hardware to use because I have seen it mentioned on ratsun a few times.  Havent been able to find any other documentation though, Ill probably take a stab at it when I install the disks in the rear

The 280zx hand brake conversion was talked about in the 280zx brake conversion article in DQ.  I believe it was a Jason Gray write up.

I've got the 280zx handle on the shelf (same thing, I'm waiting for the rear disc install), but personally, I'm eying the Lokar setup for multiple reasons. One, it's prettier.  But Two, it's much much smaller.

RTB, Here is what the 280zx handle looks like:

006.jpg

'71 Honda 600 Coupe handle for reference.  It's small and compact, and there is a guy in Missouri that parts these cars out on eBay.  I think I've seen him advertise some before.  He bought my car from me.  This one was a spare, so I grabbed it just in case:

009.jpg

008-3.jpg

Your welcome.  I was actually trolling through his build looking for something else, and ran across those.  I saved the pics on to my computer this time around, because I'm really diggin' that hand brake.  I've already got everything else he sells for the swap.