datsunrides

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

These are picturs from a 1970 521. 

Outside seat belt.  The seat belt bolt actually is not in the floor, it goes into the side of the cab.

SeatBeltOuter_zpsc2cca734.jpg

Center seat belt.

[url=http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Daniel_521/media/Dragon/Floor/SeatBeltCenter_zps12306fe8.jpg.html]SeatBeltCenter_zps12306fe8.jpg[/url

the bolts holding the seat belt brackets to the floor, and side of cab are 7/16-20 thread.]

This is what I'm getting at. There are no holes. I have a 521 also and know where those are, as stated in the 1st post. There is nothing in those locations on my 520. How about this, did 320's have seat belts from the factory?

Mark

All passenger vehicles (except buses) legally sold in the US were required to be fitted started January 1, 1968.  Most companies had already started complying before, and as I commented in a previous post, believe your '66 should have had them if it was a US-spec truck.  However, maybe not.  Your original question is really answered... clearly you don't have them.  However, is there an underlying question you haven't asked yet?  Are you just curious about it (as I am)? Or are you trying to determine if this is a US-spec cab?  Or???

More from the legal aspect. I don't plan to roll without belts, but if I did, I need to make sure it's "legal". The biggest issue is I know you can't just bolt belts to the floor pan. It'll rip the bolts out in an accident. I know I can reinforce the anchor point, but not sure of the best point. The other issue is it's all painted so I don't want to cut it up or weld to the cab at this point.

Mark

More from the legal aspect. I don't plan to roll without belts, but if I did, I need to make sure it's "legal". The biggest issue is I know you can't just bolt belts to the floor pan. It'll rip the bolts out in an accident. I know I can reinforce the anchor point, but not sure of the best point. The other issue is it's all painted so I don't want to cut it up or weld to the cab at this point.

Mark

Speedway and others sell seatbelt anchor plates.  The purpose of the plates is to distribute the load across a larger area and to soften the contact (by rolling the plate round on the sides) so it doesn't have a sharp edge to facilitate tear-through.  I would try to mimic the factory points, as the cabs are likely already much stronger there.