Another goon for izzo jr.

Janksun

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it not line up even with trans out of car ,, cuz that is pretty bad quality control if it is.

Way to late for you but the VG30.com ones fit very nicely. And man it is getting down to the wire

None currently available from VG30.com. The guy who makes them won't be making them for a few more weeks. I looked there first..

I thought a dogleg bolted right up with no modifications?

And Idk what the spring rate is... I got them from keeper.

Still need a drop spacer to lower the trans ~1" ... but yes that was what I heard as well.

Huh that's weird , seems like if there was a perfect time of year to sell those crossmembers it would be right now.  His website is down right now too.  T3 sounds like they have pretty good customer service so it will all work out in the end.

The 1 inch spacer oblong holes trick with stock cross member  works on some not all ,, i only know as it worked perfect on my brothers but on mine it was way the hell off.

Now I'm in the same boat as you waiting 10 days... Dammit!

But there are other things I can do to pass the time lol.

Me too honestly.. but damn.. 10 days is a long time.

My goal is to get the car running before the crossmember is here. I'll get the tranny on jack stands if I have to.

good luck on your build. Looking good!

• Like 1

All I need to do is hookup the driveline, put my coilovers on, adjust the height, get some rcas, put those on, I'll probably order those so they come in next week. I need to get some blocks for the rear. Hookup the hardline from the master to the slave. Bleed. And should be done other than crossmember.

Put my coilovers on today. Got some kyb strut inserts. 280zx tophats. I need some rcas. Probably order those from t3.

Before

IMAG0145_zpsjhkblft4.jpg

After

IMAG0420_zpshu4gzxf6.jpg

Going to lower the rear tomorrow. Not really sure how low I want to go in the rear.

• Like 2

Put my coilovers on today. Got some kyb strut inserts. 280zx tophats. I need some rcas. Probably order those from t3.

Before

After

Going to lower the rear tomorrow. Not really sure how low I want to go in the rear.

Talk to Doctoraudio. I think he had a small run made. Probably get them a lot cheaper. They are aluminum.  Not anodized. but do you really wanna pay double for fancy red shit?  Shrug.

It lowered it a ton dude.  just wait till you get the motor and shit in there lol

So I finally decided to get rid of this piece of shit nothing but problems car. I traded it for a Honda. Much more desirable for me :)

IMAG0455_zpsggpwtx3a.jpg

Nahhh hahaha I'm just kidding. I love this car! I decided today that I just need to put everything together and make it to a meet in Modesto! So I did lol. Started to head to the meet and I broke down like 3 minutes from my house rofl. My carb linkage decided to sling itself all over the place lol. I went into a gas station and used a fishing thing to fix it lol.

20140412_174006_zpsmfqbczd7.jpeg

20140412_174557_zps74bgoc57.jpeg

Fixed it and made it to the meet!!

IMAG0452_zpstsrciro7.jpg

IMAG0453_zpsmpsuhxuc.jpg

IMAG0454_zpsq91j0vgh.jpg

Now that I know what the car drives like I know what I need to adjust and fix :P

Until next time!!!

• Like 4

Thanks man!

So I got bored and decided to clean out the car.

I took all the seats out, and stripped all the factory sound deadener.

IMAG0470_zpsxmmap9fp.jpg

IMAG0471_zpsl9jr7etc.jpg

IMAG0472_zpsjqs8eyxf.jpg

I was hoping to find some cool stuff underneath all the seats and stuff but there wasn't anything :/

I think from here I'll get a compressor and sander and sand down all the flooring and por15 it. Then lay down some sound deadener and get a carpet kit. I would get a carpet kit from 71DIMER if he would reply to his pms once in a while Lolz. Also need a headliner, but don't want to put a headliner in with the windshield in... A lot of small things to do.

Been driving it around the block, got the temp sensor to work and it overheats sometimes. Thinking about going with Koyorad.

I have plenty of time, but no money haha. I need more money!!

Also really want to upgrade to a L20b... Anybody have one I can rebuild? :P

• 3 weeks later...

T3 finally came through with a crossmember that looks like it will fit! They have great customer service. Hope to have this installed by the end of this week.

Got mine too! Will go in tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what it looks like ( I imagine just a hose ) , but the coolant bypass hose is all connected up ? (datzenmike mentioned it millions of times , but I fail ... DOH !!! )

Other members are going to chime in , and help with the quirks of your setup better than I (it's the truth.. I don't own 510's , and there seems to be some varied differences that are significant versus the L6's slight tricks/quirks)

Yeah def try all the small easy stuff to check first before going onto suspecting what I'm rambling about below !

Heating up issue ?

I have a sediment build up (in the block) regarding my L28et engine (that runs SUPERB !!!) in the garage right now.

I worked with it using a laser temp gun.

Turbo is in good shape , and not blowing oil.

Water pump is good , and no noises.

Coolant was just changed out.

Back flushed the heater core.

Flushed out the radiator/block as best as I could at home... (chemically and a hose)

All coolant and vacuum hoses were changed thoroughly.

It had an excellent head gasket (changed recently before me getting the car).

Good compression across the board.

Injectors cleaned and seafoamed out .. blah bla hblah

Changed the thermostat... twice to make sure I didn't have a bad one.

Changed the radiator with a spare , and had them flow tested at the radiator shop (both were "good")

.... I thought hmmmmm ......I then pulled the engine.....

Head surface was very flat , and the head is in very good shape (milled before being changed by P.O).

After popping out the freeze plugs.. I saw the problem ... sediment ..  damn sediment ....it was very obvious... DOH !!!!

That's why we're careful about what water/coolant we put in our cars ... lol ...

On my other L28 in my yellow 240z.

I un-screwed the block drain plug (coolant) , and wen't to town with a pressure washer every which way I could think of in the coolant passages.

I believe that some shops use agitation machines to do the same (which be a lot better and faster than what I was doing..)

Not much water came out at first while pressure washing... hmmmm

Probably spent at least 1-hour ? pushing it into ever coolant hole feasable.

The flow through the drain plug became very nice... like it should.

There had to been at least a minimum of 3/4 of a tuna can full of rust/debris that came out that I could pick up AFTER all the water carried the rest away for 1-hour......

To this day ..... this engine is the MOST consistent running temperature wise , and fastest to warm up ... then the needle does not waver a bit on the temp gauge even when hot outside !!!! I'm still impressed.

Verified with a laser temp gun.

blah blah blah I'll stfu meow ... lol

Coolant bypass maybe the line that goes from the intake to the block??? If so no it's not hooked up.

As for sediment, it could be the problem, this car was a daily driver like 2 years ago. Just had some head problems. I'm going to take the tstat out later and run it to see if it still happens.

If a bad tstat, stuck closed, wouldn't there be no hot coolant in the radiator??

Good tips blue! Unfortunately with canby being a short distance away, I don't think I'll have time to pull the freeze plugs and check it. Plus I've never done freeze plugs and don't think I should attempt without help.

I took the tstat out and it still overheats. Boiled the tstat too and it opens and closes just fine.

I'm going to pick up an aftermarket temp gauge and put it in and maybe see if it's just my temperature sending unit.

Also going to do a compression test.

And check timing and valve adjust.

Ugh I've already done so much. I just wish I knew what it could be.