Another goon for izzo jr.

Janksun

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have a multimeter?  Can test power at all points?   The little box inside the coil getting power and producing power where it needs?  Coil working? (pull wire off cap that goes to coil, stick a plug in it and give it a shot lolz)  Hell a test light even. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some progress has happened lately. I fixed the linkage issue so now it runs, AND drives. Drove it around the block a few times. The auto trans is worthless though. Feels like it's slipping, revs up catches and bogs down and does that multiple times. Have a 5 speed swap in the works, just need to get my driveline shortened and my flywheel resurfaced.

Also bought some wheels for it. Minilite look alikes. They are 13's but have good tires. Well I bought 6, 4 have good tires and 2 do not.

The 4 look like this

IMAG0234_zpsyknhgagr.jpg

And the other 2 look like this

IMAG0233_zps2o6i6uf5.jpg

Just need some lug nuts for them

• 3 weeks later...

Shits about to get real.

Transmission is out, flywheel is getting resurfaced next week. Driveline is getting shortened as well. I want to drive this thing already!!

IMAG0289_zpsvwibc8p7.jpg

IMAG0287_zpsznkvj2gg.jpg

Still need to pull the torque converter and flexplate.

IMAG0288_zpsyt9e6jf7.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

So I've been having issues with the transmission. It's one problem after another. First I couldn't get it in.... Haha. The pilot bushing was mushroomed on the end from putting it in. So I bought another and tried again and didn't mushroom the new one. I was able to get the transmission mounted to the motor successfully.

For the tranny crossmember since I'm swapping to a five speed, I bought techno toy tunings 5 speed crossmember.

IMAG0357_zpsix5ovep8.jpg

But when I went to put the crossmember in, the holes that hold it to the body don't line up with the holes in the floor. Idk whats up with that..

IMAG0409_zpsjk5ibaku.jpg

IMAG0410_zpshelqawg4.jpg

As you can see, one side I can bolt in, but the other side doesn't line up. So I'm going to shoot them an email with these pictures and find out what's going on.

I also made some coilovers over the weekend and I'll put them in as soon as I get my shorter strut cartridges.

IMG_20140403_155459_zpsixrahp8w.jpg

Hopefully I'll be driving this thing soon

• Like 2

Might need the 1" drop spacers with that crossmember.

By the way.. I just ordered the same one from T3... and they are out and I have to wait 10 days. Thanks for buying the last one dick.  :rofl:

Yeah, I'm curious to know.

I am installing a dogleg and I was under the impression all I needed was the drop spacers and I could use the factory crossmember. 

After slotting everything I'm still like .4" off. So I just ordered this crossmember. It looks good!