Another goon for izzo jr.

Janksun

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the rear brakes today. I just need someone to help me bleed them.

IMAG0161_zps5aztixhd.jpg

IMAG0160_zps2xxvn13o.jpg

IMAG0164_zpsq1wr7zi8.jpg

Me and the keeper towed this car all the way from canby Oregon down here to ripon california. I pulled the hubcab off today and found this....

IMAG0158_zpskvud6l58.jpg

Pretty scary eh?? Check your nuts people!

I ordered a couple inserts from McMaster Carr and hopefully they'll work for the stripped threads for the head bolt. I can't wait to get this thing on the road!!

So I got an insert in from McMaster Carr. So I drilled out the hole, tapped it, put the head on and started putting everything together to try to get it running. But dead battery. Had a buddy come over and bring a spare battery. Well it didn't start. I think I fried the starter though. Well onto the pictars

IMAG0172_zpsi128ugme.jpg

IMAG0173_zpsuugi8a7x.jpg

IMAG0174_zpsw5b36gyb.jpg

IMAG0175_zpsdcyvtyx4.jpg

IMAG0176_zps3mynvezt.jpg

IMAG0177_zpsgqxtkniz.jpg

IMAG0179_zpsfclxne7s.jpg

• Like 1

Having some trouble getting this thing started. When I turn the key, the starter doesn't engage. Maybe a short or a missing wire or something. I used a screwdriver and jumped the starter and it works. But now the starter just spins and doesn't engage with the flexplate. Need to check if I'm getting spark as well. Haven't had time today to mess with it a lot and it was late last night.

So the dizzy is electronic, but has the "matchbox" inside of it. I have two wires coming off of that box. One black with white stripe, one solid dark blue. The black with white stripe is running to the postive side of the coil, and the dark blue is running to the negative side of the coil. I have both of those hooked up and I ran a wire straight from the postitive terminal to the postive side of the coil. And I still have no spark. Any ideas?

So the dizzy is electronic, but has the "matchbox" inside of it. I have two wires coming off of that box. One black with white stripe, one solid dark blue. The black with white stripe is running to the postive side of the coil, and the dark blue is running to the negative side of the coil. I have both of those hooked up and I ran a wire straight from the postitive terminal to the postive side of the coil. And I still have no spark. Any ideas?

Pics of said distributorIMAG0184_zps9u7ip9rj.jpgIMAG0185_zps5czzeodl.jpg

Damn! Not sure how I missed this build......

Anywho you don't have a match box, that looks like the HEI set up. Looks like ur missing the GM ignition module

I researched it a little bit. It's actually a dizzy from a sentra or a pulsar. Seen here

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40030-how-to-nissan-sentra-electronic-ignition-for-your-l-series/

I have a thread in electrical about not getting any spark seen here

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/59478-no-sparky/?do=findComment&comment=1037575

Any help would be greatly appreciated