mild cam lash pads

EastBay521

a buddy of mine decided to go ka on his truck and let me use the cam that was on his setup before he got rid of it. on the front of the cam it says to use 180 lash pads. when we took the cam off all we kept was the cam so I would like to know if I would be able to put it on my stock head with stock pads and how much of a difference is it going to make?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lash pad has to be matched to the cam lift. Changes in cam lift will change the wipe pattern. That's the position where the cam lobe rubs against the 'rocker arm' pad. It's absolutely critical that the wipe pattern be centered.

That  'use .180 lash pads' is a theoretical perfect solution for that cam. It's always best to check the wipe pattern. It it comes too close to either edge it will destroy the cam in a few turns.

To answer your question.... no a high lift cam requiring .180 lash pads probably will not work with stock lash pads. I would strongly recommend you carefully check the wipe pattern if you do.

Lash pads of varying thickness can be bought. Place an ad in our classifieds section.... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/4-engine/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc or contact a cam maker. Nissan's racing arm of the company NISMO.