DP Disc brake bracket build for kingpin trucks - mklotz70

mklotz70

Thanks Charlie.  I have no plans or expectations of the price going up, if that's what you're asking.  Until I get some kind of rhythm going with making the parts, I won't know if there's any leeway for it to go down.  I'll be doing more of what I paid others to do before, but that means these will take a ton more of my time to do.  Basically, I'm just planning on keeping the price the same.  Doubling the laser cutting order and reworking the design kept those prices from going up much.  They went up a couple of bucks, but not enough to worry about. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Mike now for the $64 question!  Any plans for rear disk brackets?  I did not get started on these.  I was looking at the 240SX rear calipers as possible Nissan clients for the rear disk brakes because of the cable to lever activated emergency brake.

• Like 1

Daniel.....they're just for the single piston.  I finally came to the conclusion that the dual piston calipers are not safe with the thinner rotor.

Rear discs are still on the list.  I have to finish the ball joint stuff before I can even think about starting the rears.  One way or another, I'm doing them this year!!  lol  I'll keep that caliper in mind.  Some of the nissan rear calipers have the cable come out at better angles than the trooper.  There may even be a new nissan with 6 lugs and rear discs.  If I can't get the e-brake working, I won't put it out, because I personally refuse to accept that on my own rig.

Thanks Charlie! 

I've learned a lot since designing the first version.  I didn't even have a CAD program when the very first batch was done.  ADrummond did the CAD work, lined up the laser cutting, and cnc drilled the mounting holes.  Things are evolving nicely.   I'm at the point where I either need to step it up or shut it down.  I'm opting to step it up.  My wife has already said to go for it, so sometime before summer, there should be a big new toy tool in the shop :)    I'm putting in a huge laser cutting order tomorrow so I'll have everything in stock fairly soon.....even 411 brackets and gussets for Z'd control arms.   Anyway.......there's lot's more to come. :)

• Like 1

The work lately has been on the bearing adapters.  I think I've got the program dialed in for the first OP on the lathe.  This morning, I did the program for the second OP.  Coming out nice.  Hopefully, this weekend, I'll get some good time with the lathe and get a handful of them made.  I still need to do the code work for the outer bearing adapters and the 2nd OP on the bracket spacers.  From there, I'll do up some test welds for the brackets and check them.  At that point, I'll do up a welding jib and start putting brackets together.  I'm not sure where I mentioned it before, but I have no plans of plating these brackets. 

• 4 weeks later...