bonvo's 2003 sentra se-r spec v aka pikachu

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

micro hit the nail on the head to bad they want 200 more for a used gun then the one im looking at thats brand new 

dsc_0380.jpg

Because guns aren't like cars and car parts, their value doesn't decrease much even after buying it and using it. And actually in my opinion you would be better off getting a used gun that is more reliable then that S&W. But I guess it all depends what you want to use it for :) 

My Springfield Armory XDm 9mm is worth just as much now as when I bought it new in 2011. 

• 5 weeks later...
well i think i finally got the lean issue delt with1 as you all know i tested fuel pressure, cleaned injectors, hunted for vacuum leaks, replaced the maf all that was left was was an exhaust leak before the o2 sensors or the o2 sensors themselves well i pulled them out

20150103_144716_zpsqio01d0b.jpg

and found that the up stream was coming apart

20150103_145650_zpsei8ngoqa.jpg

downstream looks about how i expected 

20150103_154022_zpsyjimiakn.jpg

and both still had the nissan logo meaning either someone paid threw the nose for o2's or there original 11 year old sensors 

IMG_20150103_162624_zpsog2jx2lr.jpg

after driving it threw a few drive cycles no check  engine light no more hunting for idle and rpms come right back down to where they should 

and you have to rep your parts 

IMG_20150102_171019_zpsjgwsoxc8.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

well after putting the 02 sensors in it got a little better but still not what i wanted i was looking around and found a vacuum leak the smoke test didnt find so its been a vacuum leak this whole time but it has pointed me to other things wrong so i dont feel bad about replacing the other parts that were no good anyway i pulled the intake apart tonight

20150114_195500_zpsph0wsot8.jpg

gasket 

20150114_195506_zpslmksqitu.jpg

intake shows it sbeen working its way past the gasket 

20150114_195521_zpseeldc1e6.jpg

as does the head 

20150114_195854_zpsebdjr7ub.jpg

gonna find a straight edge and make sure the intake isnt warped before i put it back together i doubt it is but i wanna double check 

Hey my fellow Spec V and Datsun friend. I finally joined over here. Didn't know you also had a thread for your sentra over here.

Still gotta check mine for vacuum leaks again. 2002blackspec_v just found a blown out manifold gasket in that new daily of his too. Ya'll got me real paranoid since I didn't replace that gasket. He was at the lake this weekend. So hopefully he'll be at his shop next weekend so we can check mine for leaks real good. If I have one, its tiny. If its there, I hope we can find it. These Sentras are hard to diagnose sometimes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

with the studded snow tire season coming to an end the time has come to do something about my summer wheels one of the few things ive hated about the car was the whites (and red mud flaps wtf was the po thinking?) so i went to work fixing this issue 

before 

IMAG1833_zps3d1d42d6.jpg

20150311_233855_zpsuiewvzls.jpg

with some paint 

20150312_183956_zps2ha3typ9.jpg

20150312_184000_zpsu8u803jg.jpg

• Like 4

ddid some debadging buuuuut i have color fade so it looks like the hood and trunk will be carbon fiber wrapped though i am temted to take some 2000 grit to the whole car and spray it now that i have a gun compressor and a straight car 

• Like 1