bonvo's 2003 sentra se-r spec v aka pikachu

well, the valve cover gasket was seeping so I replaced it and while I was at it, I did some painting. Some may question the color, but purple is yellows complement color, so it pops in the bay. Not done yet. I'm gonna hand paint the letters yellow.

The dealer said the engine had 60k on it. I personally think it might be lower.

AC01DD33-orig_zpsd66197d5.jpg

Painted.

AFB805BB-orig_zpsb72646fd.jpg

C92D77FE-orig_zpsb009ce14.jpg

FFACD34D-orig_zps8abe734d.jpg

D4E3091F-orig_zps7edf69a3.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well today i went on a 413 mile trip to california to escape life for a few on non ethanol fuel with the cruse control i ended up getting 34 mpg

only down side is now im in cali where you simply cant get non ethanol so my mileage while im here and on the way back is gonna suuuuuuck

• 3 weeks later...

Needs moar v-tec yo...

Just kidding, looks like a great daily driver. The purple looks good.

I test drove one of these the other day and they aren't bad at all. Plenty of power and good room for a 6' 235lb guy. I'm just not sold on that or this steal I found on a 300zx... I know which would be more reliable, but at 25 I'm not sure I can make grown up decisions...

You think the subbie would make the long trip to GA? You could really clear your mind then fill it with tons of cursing on the 5 day greyhound trip back home :P

i wouuld spring for one of these ove a 300 but i live in the snow and a rwd daily is out of the question 

i see no reason why the subaru wouldnt make it you interested in buying it? might be cheaper just to ship it lol

yeah ive heard about the fuel pump issue and im keeping an eye on it it has to do with  it being made of plastic or something 

what company is that? are they hiring? XD that was the main reason i sprung for it i was tired of freezing my ass off on the way to work the subi heater didnt start to warm up till i was already at work

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

well as some of you may know the 620 has been on daily duty for a while because the sentra dropped a butterfly screw (common issue with these engines) well i tore into it today and it was worse then i thought

77854727-orig_zpse6b9df0d.jpg

95BF8AE4-orig_zpsa2128136.jpg

7E378CC1-orig_zpsfc8b0e9e.jpg

32396FF8-orig_zpsbd4bad92.jpg

the good news is that all screws are accounted for so no screws in the engine and no loss in compression or excessive oil consumption so its a matter fo fishing the butterfly out of the intake runner either removing the butterflies or lock titeing the screws  and putting it back together i think i need to buy alot of lotto tickets about now 

• Like 1
ordered the screws from nissan they will be in next thursday 

then i went fishing and caught a big one 

8A6C262F-orig_zpsbf98a41e.jpg

after retrieving the butterfly i removed the coil packs and plugs and did a compression test just to be sure sure enough even compression all the way across i didnt just dodge a bullet i dodged an anti aircraft round now i wait for my new screws to show up and lock tite them into place also dropped in a brand new set of plugs and painted the upper intake and set it on to see what it would look like 

44FA947E-orig_zps5a3f51ab.jpg