Datsun 411 lowering

A_rod510

Im getting ready to hopefully buy a 411 off a guy I know but I'm planning on lowering it but I'm not sure  what options of lowering I have since I haven't seen a lot of threads on it but I wanna see how is the best way of lowering is . I don't just wanna cut off the springs or if there's any swap or parts I can use off some other car . My plan is to lower it and camber it and hopefully it'll turn out the way I want . If anyone can help id appreciate it .

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 411's are deceiving since the body lines go down in the back. I just tried to make the rocker trim parallel to the ground.

Your 411 appears to be an early model with what I call the "Droopy drawers" rear fender line.  [Think a 2 year old with a load in his Doctor Dentons and you have the look]  Later versions "cleaned up" the rear fender [and in the sedan the trunk] lines to a neater non-Pinin Farina and cleaner looking appearance.  For example, the body creases on the rear quarter panels are much straighter and don't slump to the rear.

• 3 years later...

Your 411 appears to be an early model with what I call the "Droopy drawers" rear fender line.  [Think a 2 year old with a load in his Doctor Dentons and you have the look]  Later versions "cleaned up" the rear fender [and in the sedan the trunk] lines to a neater non-Pinin Farina and cleaner looking appearance.  For example, the body creases on the rear quarter panels are much straighter and don't slump to the rear.

I know this is an old thread, but holy shit. I have to stick up for the 410 body style, I think it's obvious that the rear quarters and deck lid are complimentary to the 410. 411 looks so-so, but the 410 was the real deal. 

• Like 2

I know this is an old thread, but holy shit. I have to stick up for the 410 body style, I think it's obvious that the rear quarters and deck lid are complimentary to the 410. 411 looks so-so, but the 410 was the real deal. 

Then be prepared for water leaks around the lowered trunk lid!

• Like 1

I just can't let Mikes very colorful description go unchallenged. 

Fire away!  I bought my 1967 RL411 new and am driving it to this day.  I am VERY familiar with the Pinin Farina design defects and what Datsun did to attempt to correct them.  Yokohama yes!  Milan no.

Fire away!  I bought my 1967 RL411 new and am driving it to this day.  I am VERY familiar with the Pinin Farina design defects and what Datsun did to attempt to correct them.  Yokohama yes!  Milan no.

Its okay to cheat on your car with the sweet body lines of a 410. 

on the topic of lowering your 411, cutting 2 and a half coils is too much. I still have travel but not acceptable. will have to pick up some other coils or spacers or source roadster comp. 
IMG_1679_zpsks3gkare.jpg
IMG_1680_zpsvdthqzer.jpg