MattyHacks' Bamboo Tan 510

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything is better than the 32/36 right? Plus these will go well with the l20 ill have some day!

A properly tuned 32/36 ain't bad for an L16.  Get it dialed in with a vacuum gauge, and and it should run well.  I had to put on the Weber fuel pressure regulator to get mine to function properly.  Before that, the fuel pressure was pushing past the needle and seat and flooding it. 

Honestly, the DCOEs are best on the race track.   Even for an L20B, the SU's or the Weber 38DGES is probably the best option for the street. I'm running the 38DGES.  It runs so well and it's so easy to tune, and keep tuned,  that I don't have any motivation to even try my SU setup.

• Like 1

Once you get them tuned properly..........there is no going back..........

I  :wub: the sound and performance of sidedraft webers!!

.......on an L16 it may be a bit much......but it's all in how you tune it...........

Fuck these guys :P ......side drafts all the way :thumbup:  :thumbup:

if thats the case im running a  babillion barreled carb ....and its fighting me the whole way

You choose the path brother..........I've found my way down the wrong one before........still paying for it.......

..................but that's life..... :hmm:............just find what makes you happy................

DATSUNS!!!!!!!! 

I'm not rebuilding these any time soon, just a cool long term project! They may not be the best but they're what I got and what I've anyways wanted.

8-CHI-CHI-PIE.jpg

Nothing looks better than stacks  :thumbup:

Agreed! Nothing looks better in a dime than an L motor w/ side drafts & stacks.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So this strut has been nothing but a problem. The threads were gross on this one whole before and I tapped it and thought it was good enough..apparently not. Would this particular hole be okay to helicoil or use of some other threaded insert?

20140319_194158_zps1a25eec8.jpg?t=139532

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not rebuilding these any time soon, just a cool long term project! They may not be the best but they're what I got and what I've anyways wanted.

8-CHI-CHI-PIE.jpg

Nothing looks better than stacks  :thumbup:

And they sure can sound cool too.

Youd be surprised how many people think its part of the sticker... just making sure  :thumbup:

Thx for lookin out for me buddy  :lol:

Washed the car and drove it.

IMG_5121Large_zpsc3e6242a.jpg

IMG_5112Large_zps32d1e764.jpg

IMG_5110Large_zps582eab1f.jpg

The trans decided to leak out a quart of ATF along the way. Weight savings, because race car

• Like 1