MattyHacks' Bamboo Tan 510

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super lucky find man.....just went through you thread.... :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Didn't realize you rebuilt it already.....

....choke would definitely help the cold start issue.....

I'd still check to see if the accelerator pump is doing it's job also......could cause to go flat on hard accel....

Nice car hope you have a gagrage for this. Hate seeing it out in the weather.

get a electric ignition and time motor and adjust the mixture should get you pretty near perfect for daily driving. then store it in gagrage.

Buy a beat datsun truck to drive everyday

Unfortunately there is no room in the garage for the car  :hmm:  I live at home and my dads vehicles take priority over mine. It will be summer car for the most part, these rust fast even without the help of the salt! I'll be getting a car cover soon enough.

Thats pretty much the plan, I have the b22 to beat on for now but a 620 is somewhere down the road. Also I have this ignition to put in once I figure out how :lol:

IMG_4220_zps2870b451.jpg

Update time

Finally got the rear brakes finished, what a pain in the ass! My uncle un seized and cleaned up my adjusters for me. The wheel cylinder shims are such a bitch, I nearly broke one as I kept bending it while trying to force it in, even after filing the damn thing (it barely even fit on the wheel cyl that wasn't on the car!). I never want to do that again, next time it'll be disc conversion for sure!

20131231_151135_zpsa732ced9.jpg?t=138871

Everything in, return springs were a bitch too

IMG_4376Large_zps07958f2b.jpg

Painted the drums. I measured them and the seem perfectly round so they wont be touching a lathe.

20140101_142406_zps5ec0c43c.jpg

Got these 13" slots but I doubt they'll make the final cut. I don't know if they will clear the 200sx struts and they would need longer studs on the rears. But I thought, hey every good Datsun has had a set of these at some point so I bought them haha!

20140101_160716_zps4faa78de.jpg?t=138871

20140101_160741_zpsd2a84b20.jpg?t=138871

60 series balloons ftw!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I got the 200sx struts in

Out with the old!

20140104_104643_zpsa47b6436.jpg?t=138946

And in with the new(er)

IMG_4401_zpsca3f3dfc.jpg

More lowz

IMG_4405_zpsa6b2e43e.jpg

IMG_4406_zps45cda6f9.jpg

IMG_4408_zps5ecb74e1.jpg

No callipers on of course, wish I could run no cap steelies  :crying:

Staying dry in the garage

IMG_4411_zps38ac85ca.jpg

Still not low enough  :sneaky: hahaha

Bad news is that the top of the strut is binding on the passenger tower...I dont know why just that one (Its the side with the glass fender so maybe it was hit on that corner???).

I'm still undecided what I'll do to fix the problem, what does ratsun think?

• Like 1

Great find!  And, you got the cool valve cover and a tach!!  :thumbup:

For the lug nuts for those slot mags, go to summit racing.  First you will need to know the thread size.  It's M12 1.25.  Next, you need to know the depth of the shank.  This is the thickness of the wheel where the lug goes through (I'm guessing 3/4" or less).  You want the lug nut to come just short of sticking through the wheel.  Next you need to know the diameter of the shank.  This is the diameter of lug hole in the wheel (not too big, not too small). 

Tuning your Weber and determining what jet size:

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/carburetor_set_up_and_lean_best_.htm

For your valve cover vent, you might consider what I did:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56764-i-love-my-weber-38-dges-heres-my-38-dges-install/

(Below) These wires you asked about;  Mine are just the same, "not used", from the factory.  I think from looking at the wiring diagram, they might have been for an engine bay light that we didn't get here in the states??....  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

IMG_4210_zps665b476a.jpg

(Below) The four way connector looks like the one that goes down to the auto trans.  If it is, then it plugs in for your back-up lights, and speed switch...

This might help answer some questions:  

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56021-510-relays-and-switches/

The single plug... It looks like the one on my car that wasn't ever used.  Mine was a hot when I turned the ignition on, so I used it for my electric choke...

IMG_4213_zps2641dceb.jpg

Which would be part of the same circuit as the relay to the right, in this pic (below):

**You will need to know these relays and switches if you do a 5spd conversion.  You can get rid of this relay (below) and jumper the connection (above) when you convert... Unless your like Tristan and rock the AutoBox!  B) **

IMG_4215_zps714d1b4e.jpg

lkove the dune buggy i had one for a few years ... orange ...took it to the dunes a bunch i was fun as hell but i had night mares about deer on country roads killing me .....i spent the first year chasing bad grounds and driving the fun out of it .... love the 4dr too.... gotta rread back and see what struts ur running

lkove the dune buggy i had one for a few years ... orange ...took it to the dunes a bunch i was fun as hell but i had night mares about deer on country roads killing me .....i spent the first year chasing bad grounds and driving the fun out of it .... love the 4dr too.... gotta rread back and see what struts ur running

Thanks jrock, the dune buggy is my dads. Hell of a fun ride, punched out 1800, tones of nightmares especially when you think about how fucked youd be if you got hit in that thing..

The struts are from an '87 200sx turbo

Lurker here.

:ph34r: Jasper.

I'm in North Van and planning to take on a 510 project next year. I had two when I was in high school and one when I was in university....way...back...when. Mostly german iron since then but the call of the bluebird is impossible to ignore. 

This thread is so good it made me want to unlurkify myself. :thumbup:

That's a dandy little project you have going there.  If you ever start feeling guilty for leaving it outside then I'll be here to rescue it for you. 

Just sayin'...there's a hole in my shop needs filling.

Lurker here.

:ph34r: Jasper.

I'm in North Van and planning to take on a 510 project next year. I had two when I was in high school and one when I was in university....way...back...when. Mostly german iron since then but the call of the bluebird is impossible to ignore. 

This thread is so good it made me want to unlurkify myself. :thumbup:

That's a dandy little project you have going there.  If you ever start feeling guilty for leaving it outside then I'll be here to rescue it for you. 

Just sayin'...there's a hole in my shop needs filling.

Welcome Jasper! :lol: Good to see another BC person.

I will definitely keep you in mind as you are the first to ask, but I doubt that day will be anytime soon B) 

If you get impatient there is a guy on here in Richmond that when I was looking for one, he had 4 or 5. This is him http://community.ratsun.net/user/12977-rms/

You can try messaging him! Good luck  :thumbup:

Matt

That's good stance.  No need to go lower.  

<rant> why do people drop cars so low that they are less fun to drive? </rant>

It's your car.  And it looks pimp to go low.  Aesthetically I agree.  I suppose I want adjustable ride height, so cars can squat for pictures.  You should buy a Tesla, and remove and modify the suspension components to fit Bamboozle.  Then install a trigger in the cab to raise and lower the suspension.  You on it? 

• Like 1