new guy, might be picking up this car tomorrow.

sen2two

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to ratsun! looks like a nice car. my dad had a 66 so it had a shorter windshield. me being 6 foot I felt a little cramped. it was a blast to drive with the top down though! It should have the r16 which is an overhead valve engine. these are not as plentiful as the overhead cam l series but there are a lot of parts out there if you look for them. 

here is some reading for you

http://www.311s.org/

http://www.datsun.org/roadster/news/default.php

http://www.datsunsports.com/

I can tell the clock in this thing stopped working long ago. Kinda too pretty to be a daily driver in my paranoid opinion. But cars are meant to drive. With this car comes responsibility. Don't let her get away from ya. Rust in Florida can be a real bitch.

Thanks. I am excited to get the car, & I don't like when I see awesome driving cars parked to collect dust. I believe driver cars should be driven.

anyways, he told me it has the 2000cc engine. After some research I found where the block code should say u20. I will be checking for that tomorrow. The vin matches the correct year and body to be a 69 1600. It's possible the motor has been swamped for the u20. But it still has a 4 speed.

what would be a fair value for this car? Are the values holding steady or rising?

Nice looking car.  69 is the most desired of the high windshield cars.  Cool front tear drop side markers and the same round rears as the 510's.  They also have the better steering box than the early cars.  The price might seem a bit high to the west coast guys but I am guessing that is what the market can get in the east.  The R series motor is bombproof.  Also way less expensive to rebuild should the need arise.  Get it if you like it, in a few more years these cars are most likely going to be unobtainuim in this condition. 

I tried to get on that site. Buti couldn't get the anti-bot question. lol. I believe the question was: what's this site all about?

I guessed 311,311s, datsun, datsun roadster, cats, ect.

Any help here?

Try fanboy. Nah. No idea, but dumb to have this question.

Thanks. I am excited to get the car, & I don't like when I see awesome driving cars parked to collect dust. I believe driver cars should be driven.

anyways, he told me it has the 2000cc engine. After some research I found where the block code should say u20. I will be checking for that tomorrow. The vin matches the correct year and body to be a 69 1600. It's possible the motor has been swamped for the u20. But it still has a 4 speed.

what would be a fair value for this car? Are the values holding steady or rising?

You could still have a 1600cc engine that has been modified [stroker] to the 2000 cc displacement.  A fairly common upgrade, retains the visuals of the original 1600 type R engine but with increased displacement to 2 liters.  The block would still have the "R" stamp so the only verification of stroking would be the work orders of the shop that did the modification.