• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

S10 By S10 I mean Chevy

Actually... the S10's bigger-boned sister. Here's the truck with the messy ash tray- need to get off my ass and order the decals for it so I can wrap it up. 

2v2apWTw9x6Rah4.jpg

12 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Yay Chuck is back, again. 😄 

17 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

I’m glad to see Chuck posting again . 

I'm like the herpes... I'm never really gone. 😛

A few I've finished in my absence...

2v2aSCJaFx6Rah4.jpg

You kids want some candy? Built from the AMT Ertl Rescue 911 Dodge ambulance.

2v2atWSJnx6Rah4.jpg

"Scrapporo", a 1978 Plymouth Sapporo built from an Aoshima Mitsubishi Galant Lambda as a 24 Hours of Lemons racer with a Richard Petty theme.

2v2aPyFhWx6Rah4.jpg

Ratty '65 F100 and...

2v2aPyd3nx6Rah4.jpg

... matching Go Kart.

2v2aS2kr8x6Rah4.jpg

1952 Chevrolet 3100 (modified from an AMT 1950 model) with a scratch built cap and...

2v2aS245yx6Rah4.jpg

... matching trailer, swiped from the 3 in 1 "deluxe" version of the AMT '63 Nova Wagon

And finally...

2v2ai9bkyx6Rah4.jpg

'65 Mercury M100 rat rod. It's the Moebius kit with resin Mercury conversion parts from MAD (Morgan Automotive Detail). It's somewhat loosely based on that butchered bare metal 620 that seems to pop up all over the place online, and on here whenever the current owner wants to unload it. 

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Chuck Most said:

Actually... the S10's bigger-boned sister. Here's the truck with the messy ash tray- need to get off my ass and order the decals for it so I can wrap it up. 

2v2apWTw9x6Rah4.jpg

I'm like the herpes... I'm never really gone. 😛

.. and keep on giving. Cragars on the pedo van.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Chuck Most said:

2v2atWSJnx6Rah4.jpg

"Scrapporo", a 1978 Plymouth Sapporo built from an Aoshima Mitsubishi Galant Lambda as a 24 Hours of Lemons racer with a Richard Petty theme.

Nice.  Mitsubishi represent!

Where exactly/approximately in the central Michigan wilderness are you?

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, iceman510 said:

Nice.  Mitsubishi represent!

Where exactly/approximately in the central Michigan wilderness are you?

Ithaca, about 12 miles south of the exact center of the "mitten".

• Like 1
On 2/23/2022 at 9:32 PM, Chuck Most said:

Ithaca, about 12 miles south of the exact center of the "mitten".

I remember when I used to read the model car magazines it always seemed like the best builders were guys from the northeast and midwest. I always assumed it's because they spent most of the winter in the basement out of necessity... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

I remember when I used to read the model car magazines it always seemed like the best builders were guys from the northeast and midwest. I always assumed it's because they spent most of the winter in the basement out of necessity... 😁

Lots of horrible hacks as well. I've also noticed a number of good builders come from New Jersey, which is odd because I'm not entirely convinced New Jersey even exists. I mean, George Carlin has mentioned it and apparently it's home to some kind of barren pines and a devil or something but still. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Forgot... here are my two latest piles of shit... both '61 Rancheros. 

2v2aCH19ux6Rah4.jpg

This one is mostly stock but with some resin Cragars. For now it has no engine- the kit is a street machine with a '70s vintage Big Block Chevy. Eventually it'll get a resin Falcon straight six.

2v2aCH1bux6Rah4.jpg

Raunchero is a bit more Ratsunny. It's chopped, lowered, and has a grille and front bumper from a '61 Mercury Comet (old AMT "annual" kit). The surface rust on the primer was done with AK Interactive weathering pencils. First time I've used them and I like them. At some point I'll get them to look really good- this turned out fairly well for a first attempt, I think. 

And I picked up some new stuff... one of them is even Nissan-related...

2v2aCbP4Fx6Rah4.jpg

This is an old motorized kit tarted up with some new tool Liberty Walk of Shame stuff.  It does include quite a few stock parts so we'll see what happens.

2v2aCbPTyx6Rah4.jpg2v2aCKsNox6Rah4.jpg

2v2aCKP2Mx6Rah4.jpg

The Model Ts are damned nice kits. I have access to a real barn find 1912 Model T if I want to weather one of them, and I probably will. Most likely the commercial roadster (rear seat was removable for use as a load platform... early ute?)  ICM is a Ukranian manufacturer so...well... basically I'm grabbing them before they're going for "collector prices" online. Some of their kits are pricier than these (most expensive of this lot was the delivery van which was just under sixty bucks) but they're all worth it. Even their 1:35 scale stuff is pretty well detailed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

In the 1960’s commercial slot car tracks were popular. I accidentally got one of the faster chassis in the neighborhood. Being creative and having a warped sense of humor, I made a yellow balsa wood garbage truck body for it. It looked pretty authentic with “Leach” over the cab and D.P.W. on the doors. It even had model airplane “I” beams on the sides to fake the external mechanisms.

It pissed a lot of kids off, getting beat by a garbage truck! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3