Seat options

EricJB

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the same boat. The stockers have pretty much fallen apart, I have some buckets I might throw in temorarily but ultimately want to get a bench. I had never seen a bench in a K/C until last month when I went and looked at one, I have been in love and on the hunt ever since. I think a toyota bench might be close but havent had a chance to actually measure one in person.

It would be sweet if one of these were actually long enough., But at 42", not so much.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/bench_seats/

I've been looking at these for my standard cab:

http://www.corbeau.com/products/fixed_back_seats/classic_ii/

Right meow I have a bench, but it's a standard. I can measure it for you when I get home.

My wife has 1996 Ford Ranger seats in her's.  I would think a KC would give them plenty of room.  Also, if I were the one driving the truck everyday, I would lower them 2-3 inches (I'm 5'9").  I looked into it, it would be pretty easy to just bend the stock Ranger brackets and drill new holes.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/57342-bomber-green-73-620/page-3

033.jpg

Find yourself a Hyundai Tiburon being parted out with these bucket seats, they look sporty, and they fit nice in a king cab. They wrap you back nicely, (if you fit lol) I got these black leather ones from a wrecking yard for $80 a pair (score!)

003258_df-seats.jpg

the Jag bucket seats I put into my red 620 were hands down the easiest OEM bucket seats I've done & SUPER comfortable. My plan was to put the same seats in my green 620.... I even bought them already..... BUT....  I put the bench, I believe is a Toyota, from the red truck into the green truck and I LOVE IT.!!!! 

IMG_00515.jpg

IMG_00516.jpg

IMG_00518.jpg

My only advice/complaint would be to watch the over all width or you'll have interference with your lower seat belt retractors.

I'm 6'-4" & the bench is mounted to the stock front location. With the seat slid all the way back, where it's comfortable for me, it barely rests on the retractors on both sides.

IMG_00513.jpg

• Like 1

I like the Toyota seat because of its low profile design but I couldn't find one in good shape at the yard.

I did find a bench in a D50 but the tags were labeled for a mighty max. Very easy to bolt in, just had to drill four new holes, and it's comfy and has a retractable arm rest.

7F7927CE-AB90-4034-9004-32DC48BF96B0-996

637CF99B-E2A1-410D-93BD-B11F0622EA18-996

Eric, that seat looks great. I wish mine had an armrest like that. just an FYI Mitsubishi made those D50's thats why it said Mighty Max :)

That Toyota bench looks like it provides much more headroom, and perhaps more leg room, than the buckets Z-train posted. I think that's typical of must buckets (except those 914 seats) ... plus my gf likes a bench seat over buckets, any day (easier for her to, well, you know)!

I would agree generally speaking & in the past have removed bucket seats for that reason but those Jag seats have AWESOME leg & headroom, for those wanting bucket options. I actually drive with it a couple of "notches" from full back position. I just really like the bench much more than I thought I would & all the room for my crap behind it is a BIG bonus as well as the GF being able too *cough cough* 

IMG_00006.jpg

IMG_00033.jpg

• Like 1

:) it probably was a Dodge but from the mid 70's until the mid 90's they were made by Mitsubishi & they called it a MIghty Max. Like Chevy Luv's are Isuzus.

1975-88 Jaguar XJS

Because its a coupe it has the levers on the side of the backrest, you can barely see them in the top photo, when you pull it it lays the seat all the way forward to access the rear seats & then returns the seat to its original position without readjustment (if that makes sense) pretty cool feature especially on a truck... that was a $40-50K car in the 80's so their leather & COMFY as can be also :)  .... to quote my son when he first sat in them "OH MY GOD this is ass heaven" :)

HAHAHAH then you know ass heaven :)

I know those seats - there have been a few XJS Jag's in our family, including a coupe.

very true.!! 

Of course my interest is with standard cab seating, and this post is all about KC ...

They don't look like they would offer as much room as those 914 seats, nor my bench.

+1

That Toyota bench looks like it provides much more headroom, and perhaps more leg room, than the buckets Z-train posted. I think that's typical of must buckets (except those 914 seats) ... plus my gf likes a bench seat over buckets, any day (easier for her to, well, you know)!

I'm 6'2" and I have the seat up a few notches.Leg room is not an issue.

same with here...  the first set I came across on Jan.2 the day they put the car on the yard & the second set (8 months later) my son found the day it hit the yard & he pulled them. There were LOTS of thrashed XJS's in between. 

It's rare to see nice seats in our local u-pull-it yards.