Ka24de with carbs.. Help!!!!

Derektaimanglo

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been covered so many times..... but I got to ask... why?? It's a large amount of work for such a minimal gain .... and usually result in a loss of power because people don't know how to do it correctly.

Let me ask you a few questions first..........

What is the KA going in?

What's are you using that car for?

What are you expecting to get from going carb'd versus fuel injected?

....and are you going carb'd because you're afraid to wire the KA into a Datto chassis using EFI?

quick reply! ggooooooo!

Well besides the trouble im having with the dizzy in my opinion..carbs are very simple here on guam almost everyone converts there motor carbs.there is alot of support on the tunning portion here...i love the sound of the carbs compared to an cai...im not dropping the into another car... Im working on a 92 240sx..with the twin cam in it..do you have any support or can u point me in the right direction......

If you would.like to see how us island boys do it just search ....yigo drags on youtube...

Unfortunately I don't know. Putting a little thought into it, I think the dual cam KA would be a little tricky to convert to mechanical timing, as it has a cas and is totally built with electronics in mind. Now a single cam KA? That would be easy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2011-01-191922.jpg

I have seen people run a modifed matchbox dizzy for such a purpose. I use to have a link to a detailed how to on the subject but lost it when geocities closed.

Try sending the few guys here and over on 510 realm who have done it a PM to get the details I am sure they would be glad to help..

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16818

EDIT 1 here is Dukes Setup..

IMGP1875.jpg

IMGP1333.jpg

In his build thread he says I quote.

"" Anyway, here is the only good picture that I have of the insides of the distributor. This was all done by the previous owner of the engine so I don't know much about it. From what I can tell it is a ??? top welded to a KA base. You can see the optical sensor wheel. If anybody has any ideas about the best way to do the ignition with this thing let me know. I'm thinking that it needs to be hooked to a MSD box, but I don't know. Well, anyway, here is the picture.  ""

And another quote when he talks about going EDIS, I dont think he ever liked his dizzy setup.

"" Yeah, ignition is definitely an issue. I spoke to Troy Ermish about the El dizzy's he converts. He said around $500 for a bolt on dizzy. The one that I am running on my car at the moment uses a Crane Cams XR700 module with some kind of cobbled together distributor. My personal plan for the future is to use Ford EDIS and Mega Jolt. A system like that will most likely run around $400 in parts, and that is not including any fabrication that will have to be done to mount the trigger wheel and pickup. ""

If you PM nismopickup or kksjohn on here I belive they have made l series distributors for a KA24DE

That is all the info I have linked here on this computer under my Carbed KA Folder, Hope that helps some or at least gets you going in the right direction..

EDIT 2

CAM02082_zps3er2vbsj.jpg

Arashimaru over on Zilvia of all places in currntly selling his setup ( Modified electric distributor with mechanical advance )

But he his selling the whole setup carbs and all.

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/551114-ka24de-carburetor-setup-weber45-dcoe.html