POST YOUR DATSUN FORKLIFT!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Stinky, my late '60s or early '70s Nissan forklift. I've driven a few lifts just like Stinky that had Datsun engine covers rather than Nissan. I bought Stinky from a company that makes cables in the late '90s. They named it Stinky because it burned more oil than fuel. It's a great little lift. Pneumatic tire forklifts this small are really hard to come by. I think Stinky is rated for 3300 pounds but I've lifted crates of chain that were almost 4000 without issue. I found a good used motor for Stinky last year on CL and plan to swap it in this Winter. 

DSCN1454.jpg

Stinky doing work. That's a stack of eight complete 510 rear suspensions on a pallet. 

DSCN1462.jpg

While were posting Datsun forklift pics,does anyone know where to find parts for one? For instance the one I posted is missing it's engine,maybe other parts. I can't get the idea of saving it from the wrecking yard out of my mind though. I've had my eye on it for a year or so.

• 1 month later...