Trucky-chan KA-T 620 project

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good! 

I've read that you should put a piece of flex between the waste gate valve and the main exhaust where it's being dumped to prevent it from cracking due to all the different expansion and compression caused by heat cycling. I don't really know how much of a concern that is. 

I will likely redo all the cross members under my truck to tuck them up at least even with the frame rails. Since I'm not doing a body drop, I need all the ground clearance I can get. But that will be a little ways down the road and probably part of my SR20 swap. 

• Like 1

Down pipe is now an O2 bung and a wrap job away from being completely finished.

ReQ19eO.jpg

I did end up pulling the manifold, housing, etc for final test fitting and modification of the dump tube. Much easier to do that all on the bench than going back and forth to the truck.

• Like 3

So begins the hours of welding to finish out the exhaust, right up until I ran out of stainless rod that is.

21T8CMW.jpg

Started stripping the intake of its flaking paint. Unsure if I"m going to respray it or leave it natural.

nkQpZMU.jpg

I managed to actually get the turn signal switch tied into the new harness. Now just need to work out what I'll need to add to keep multi speed on the wipers and the dash portion of the wiring will be pretty well complete.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Busy month so far finally actually got to work on the truck again. Not a whole lot to report today. The intake and throttle body are as stripped of paint as I can get them with the wire wheel on the grinder. Also figured out what was needed to keep the multi speed wipers, was really not difficult, just a matter of reconnecting the wires I had cut out already.

0JSdHNK.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel that has become the body harness. Every thing is roughed in with the exception of 4 wires I need to run from a constant power source for my extra relays.

gOEF6zV.jpg

Dash is back in for the moment so I can get everything cut to length and terminated. Then it'll be back out briefly so I can finalize the looms and add a little more sound deadener.

9KnBuCt.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I discovered that photobucket has finally pushed me to switch photo hosting sites. I guess I'll have to go through at some point and update all of my links, but I'll start with my new update.

I'm one fitting away from being done plumbing oil/coolant lines for the turbo.

UezlsCD.jpg

Not pictured, I have my return bung welded to my oil pan and got around to painting my fuel rail so no more shitty pink.

• Like 3

this is why I will stay with photo bucket because I do not want to take the time to go through all the post I have on the internet and redo the pictures.  I will payPphotoBucket their monthly fee and go on with my life.

Oil pan is ready to go back in. All painted and mating surfaced cleaned up rtv.

mj2Hkck.jpg

Intake is finally stripped of all the old shitty paint and temporarily bolted back together so I can start working on charge pipe routing.

vjTHbR2.jpg

Also whipped up a little bracket to mount my boost controller and have my vacuum manifold roughly where it is going to live. 

• Like 3

I agree with the priciple that PhotoBucket has screwed up a good photo hosting site with the ads.  This I feel is greed motivated.  I have many posts all over the web with the pictures stored in photo bucket and I feel I have a responsibility to veiwers of the web to maintain those posts to the best of my abilities which means keeping the pictures up in the posts.

Here is what I am talking about on Photobucket fees.

With a PLUS Photobucket account, you receive all the benefits of a Free Account, "plus" many more!  Already have a Plus account but need more storage?
Do you have a Free account and want to know HOW to upgrade?

Please visit this link: Get Plus!

Pricing: The cost of a PLUS account varies according to how much storage you need! Please note, all subscriptions are billed annually.

• 2 GB - Free
  • Ad Free (no additional storage or bandwidth) - $2.49 / Month
  • 50 GB - $59.99 / Year
  • 100 GB - $99.99 / Year
  • 500 GB - $399.99 / Year

When you upgrade to PLUS:

• Premium Support. You have direct access to our tech support team. Email our PLUS Support Team 
  • Storage. You get more space for your media.
  • Bandwidth: Bandwidth is a measure of the resources needed to display your media outside of Photobucket (example: images linked to your blog).

Plus 50 offers 52GB of Storage and No Linking or 3rd Party Hosting

Plus 100 offers 102GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and No 3rd Party Hosting

Plus 500 offers 502GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting

• No Ads: When you're logged into your Photobucket Plus account, you won't see any ads on Photobucket pages (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts).
If you wish to cancel your recurring payments, you can check out the steps to do so on this article: Cancel My Recurring Payments

I wil opt for the $59.99 a month after all I am a cheap bastard!!!  LOL
  • Like 2

I just realized that Photobucket pulled third party hosting on all of the pictures I have had on Photobucket for years, no warning just did it.  This means all my links are broken to the Pictures in my posts and my pictures are being held (for better lack of words) for ransom.  From there scheduled payment payment plans the only plan that allows third party hosting is 500 GB - $399.99 / Year.  Fuck PhotoBucket!!!  Time to start my own web site for my photos.

Oil pan is back on and return line made. Clearance is a little tight around the motor mount bracket.

S1G5zGx.jpg

Piping from the turbo to the IC is pretty simple.

fOsS2Yn.jpg

To the throttle body is a little more complicated.

BHVlJ81.jpg

ykarZCz.jpg

A little trimming of the core support and a straight coupler should wrap up the IC piping.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Been busy busting out the last major parts of this project. Intake is sealed, assembled and installed along with the new fuel rail and injectors.

Cr9N52l.jpg

This fuel rail sits a bit closer to the regulator than the old one so I'll need to slide that over a couple of inches for the return line to fit properly.

It's funny how well everything fits when components are still loose. Now that the turbo housings and hoses are tightly secured it's kind of a bitch to get it in place. I ended up having to remove most of the studs from the exhaust side of the head in order to get the unit slid into place. I'll be replacing these studs with bolts.

OtRgF2O.jpg

I've set a pretty strict deadline for myself to have this thing running and somewhat drivable by the end of July.

Side note, don't leave your phone laying around on the work bench when assembling things...

AFZtU1T.jpg 

• Like 2