a Datsun forum for everyone. by everyone

No forum is good or bad, the people that are in it and how they use it are the problem, seems that some are only here to bitch about something

Lol, rick, lets not jump out of the kitchen and yell "your bitching!"

You might get some people "riding your coattails"

:rofl:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor taste, we all already know about NWdatsuns.

You guys could have picked a more inclusive name. I wouldnt have joined Ratsun if it was, Northwest Ratsuns.

I am a member of Desert Datsuns though, cause I am in the desert, I dont expect a bunch of people from Oregon/Washington to join Desert datsuns, so I dont pimp it out on here.

Its inclusive to people of that ares, in title particularly.

Last I checked, datsuns are everywhere. If ur in NW, its probably a great site, if your everywhere else, like, ya know, Asia, Australia, Europe, ect. Welcome to Ratsun.

I love Ratsun, it is a great community, I have never been in a better online community to be honest. I can get everything I need here as far as knowledge to fix/mod my car, and help to find parts/work on my car. I can contact members from literally around the planet for all maner of different things, info, parts availability, ect.

also, FYI, the more you advertise to other forums, the faster NWdatsuns will become like the Ratsun you dislike so much now, Why? because Internet.

I use both forums. I like them both, for what they are. I understand both points of view, and the differences that divide some of the members at each site. I feel fortunate to have joined Ratsun, after the changes that were made a couple years ago. That makes me ignorant to what was, and privileged to enjoy Ratsun for what it is, a community of Datsun guys/girls.

I look forward to watching NWD grow. Off to a good start, in my opinion. A light hearted place to pal around with friends.

Thanks to the staff at Ratsun, and NWD, for your effort. Thanks to the members, for making me laugh, and sharing your knowledge.

• Like 2

Nw doesnt stand for north west, it stands for whatever you want, Nice driven datsuns, nasty driven datsuns, ask anyone on nw datuns, the nw can stand for whatever you want it to :)

And im on both sites, and you know what, as the owner of a forum before, and parts of other clubs, its perfectly acceptable to advertise your clubs on other forums.  Now if he was advertising a nissan club would people get pissed or flame or talk shit..? nope they wouldnt.   Nw datsun is a cool site, i enjoy both ratsun and actually buying and selling stuff on nwd more (plus the live chat box rocks)

So people that talk shit about this, or that, can really just screw off on it. The people that are worth it will frequent both sites and have fun.  The people that want to cause issues will just stay here and cause issues lol.   Plus remember. DONT FEED TROLLS!

Its perfectly acceptable to be on multiple datsun sites and enjoy it ;).  Fuck i think im part of like 30 online forums for nissans and datsuns.  

Hey maltese, thanks for the lols as well.

And captain, I said several times that every one has different tastes, and you prove my point, and I respect that you wouldnt do something you felt in poor taste.

Matter a fact I dont do things I find in poor taste usualy myself.

There are dozens of links to datsun forums here.

So the ship has sailed years ago, many many times.

True, true, point taken. This just recently happened though on another site I am on and it was frowned upon. so I was not sure the proper forum etiquette here. You are right, there are alot of links to other datsun sites here.

I was not aware that the NW didnt stand for NorthWest.

I did not start ratsun, I encompassed it, and am what ratsun once stood for. Wish you could have seen it in all its glory.

When I joined, ratsun was: helpfull, careing, freindly, and most of all it belonged to all of us, we made it what it was.

I, and most members here at the time, would band together as freinds should and help each other if needed.

I dropped what I was doing over 100 times to help a fellow ratsinite out, and there where many people here that would do the same. Freinds get down, or break something they could replace, wether it was a financial problem, or a part availability problem, or a knowledge problem, any kind of problem, it didnt matter cause we where a community.

Ill let you find out by your self that its not nearly as tight knit as it should, and could be.

And there is a king, and his lords that will, in an instant chop each and every head off of the surfs that they comand here.

It was built for me, not by me, and then it was ripped from us like a babe from a tit.

Unforgivingly so. And the lords and maidens that should have ben there to support the flock, came instead to tax us. And the whole time reaching for coin with one hand, they where covering our mouths with the other.

Theres a long version of this explanation too, but its probably locked and hidden by now.

Welcome to formulate your own conclusions of course, I would preffer you did.

thanks for the explanation.  I was curious.  I still see at as fishing in a way.  not bad not good, just my opinion.  i wish I was on here back then when it was what you call close nit.  forums are to help people, bring them together, and make friends.  I have myself on occasion helped individuals in my area (from other sites), just because its the right thing to do.  I didn't ask for money or special treatment.  just good will towards other forum users.  thats just how i was raised.  yes I've been sh*t on by people and all i know is that they have some chip on their shoulder and it will come back to bite them.

dam, glad you didn't shoot me down, was thinking you might have taken it wrong. :angel:

you obviously have done some reading on the form. kudos. Not many newbs would have done that. :huh:

pfft, you'd have to come up with something better than that to flame on me.  yes, i do a lot of reading, its usually the best way to find answers rather than waiting for someone to post up.  then its usually, dude its right here...  http://community.ratsun.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

• Like 2

I think the part thats in poor taste here, is that youre creating a thread advertising another forum while talking trash on this one. Advertise away if you want... people link to Dime Quarterly and The Realm all the time. 

If youd only like traffic for your site, why do you have to shit on this one in the opening post?

You guys talk about being free from oppression over there, but I guarantee that if I pulled all the shit Lou has been, I would be banned far quicker than he was here. Let me go start 40 posts asking for changes that wont happen. Let me harrass all your members. Let me start multiple polls on the same topic. Let me get baned and then continue to create other profiles to keep coming back. And Ill do it for months... Watch how fast you guys would jump back on the TP bandwagon and kick me out. Dont even for a second tell me it wouldnt be that way... 

Im sure both sites have positive and negatives, but please dont put your forum on a white pedestal when we all know youd take action for people behaving just like your founding members have. 

I hope you guys do get more members because then maybe you guys will get more threads to pay attention to instead of coming here to stir up trouble. The only real drama lately is started from the so called righteous members that hate all the bickering and shit that Ratsun has become. Stop coming here and starting shit and itll clean this place up greatly. 

• Like 4

I will do some pretty shady stuff tho,

Ill even buy parts from bills datsun If I want too!

Because he has lash pads for 19 cents!

People will bash him here for being an idiot, or selling crap headers.

But in general people are assholes, and most datsun headers ARE crap.

So I decided to see for my self and guess what?

Had a great talk with the guy, he likes datsuns.

And I saved a bunch of money.

He has had his name beetup on this forum like it was a sport to do soo.

Yet there are other vendors whos name cannot be tarnished on this sight no matter what, and if you did say sumthing detrimental ,good bye, and good luck finding what ever post you made accusations in.

Rules where putt in place just so we can say we have them.

Not inforced.

People are not disciplined to the same standards.

And dessions are made despite the overall consensus, instead of. because of it.

Ratsun is still, despite all that, one of a kind.

And there will be no replacement for ratsun.net

We must all come to the conclusion that all forums have a shelf life, ratsun isnt dead, it might be on a rappid decline, I cant say for sure, and neverwithoutdatsuns.com will reach a "exporation date" of sorts some day just like anyother forum.

But till its dead it is ours. As in not mine, not theres it belongs to evey member.

And it was made by every member, from folks with 1 post, or 10,000 posts.

And we (anyone who wants) can form it anyway we want.

And your threads wont be deleted unless you yourself want them to be.

And we (as a community) will not censor information.

• Like 1

True, true, point taken. This just recently happened though on another site I am on and it was frowned upon. so I was not sure the proper forum etiquette here. You are right, there are alot of links to other datsun sites here.

I was not aware that the NW didnt stand for NorthWest.

The nwdatsuns name,,, we typed a bunch of things in, turns out there is a huge amount of dead datsun.forums so it got complicated,

So we asked the potentail members at the time, what was best.

Nw will allways meen northwest no matter how hard we try for it not to lol

lol tristin. I have plenty to keep my busy.  Mostly watching por...  TV... Watching TV...

He stated his opinion and point of view of the site. Not really degrading it. My opinion of this site is almost the same.  But no matter. I still come here for some information and lulz.  Our opinions of what this place has become, might be the same opinion of what people think of the "other site"

This place used to be my home page and the only place i looked at while on the internet. only place i looked for parts, only place i chatted. now its the other site and I miss out on a lot here. Only really talking to them on the "other site".

I just found out Jeremys shop was closed a year ago. Dafuq. It's like I've been living under a rock :rofl:

thanks for the explanation.  I was curious.  I still see at as fishing in a way.  not bad not good, just my opinion.  i wish I was on here back then when it was what you call close nit.  forums are to help people, bring them together, and make friends.  I have myself on occasion helped individuals in my area (from other sites), just because its the right thing to do.  I didn't ask for money or special treatment.  just good will towards other forum users.  thats just how i was raised.  yes I've been sh*t on by people and all i know is that they have some chip on their shoulder and it will come back to bite them.

pfft, you'd have to come up with something better than that to flame on me.  yes, i do a lot of reading, its usually the best way to find answers rather than waiting for someone to post up.  then its usually, dude its right here...  http://community.ratsun.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

:thumbs: awsome man, every "community" of people should help each other like that.

And there are folks here still that will in a heart beat, and there are folks here that wouldnt join nwd if I pointed a gun at them.

Do or dont.

We can be freinds either way.

And beleive me in person we are freinds, because im a nice guy, and generaly bad ass.

Unless im on you spellingbee team, then you probably could live without me.

Well due to this glorious advertising campaign Im now a member of NWD. Wheres my sticker and high horse?

you really want a sticker man? ill get you one :rofl:  It's just another place to go with different set of politics and different mindset, for me anyways. I can't say for everyone else...  I just got on the internet and found all this. I am going to drop my morning coffee shit.  If you really wanna rock a sticker man let me know :thumbup:

I think the part thats in poor taste here, is that youre creating a thread advertising another forum while talking trash on this one. Advertise away if you want... people link to Dime Quarterly and The Realm all the time. 

If youd only like traffic for your site, why do you have to shit on this one in the opening post?

You guys talk about being free from oppression over there, but I guarantee that if I pulled all the shit Lou has been, I would be banned far quicker than he was here. Let me go start 40 posts asking for changes that wont happen. Let me harrass all your members. Let me start multiple polls on the same topic. Let me get baned and then continue to create other profiles to keep coming back. And Ill do it for months... Watch how fast you guys would jump back on the TP bandwagon and kick me out. Dont even for a second tell me it wouldnt be that way... 

Im sure both sites have positive and negatives, but please dont put your forum on a white pedestal when we all know youd take action for people behaving just like your founding members have. 

I hope you guys do get more members because then maybe you guys will get more threads to pay attention to instead of coming here to stir up trouble. The only real drama lately is started from the so called righteous members that hate all the bickering and shit that Ratsun has become. Stop coming here and starting shit and itll clean this place of greatly.

hahaha now I rememer lol.

Tristan, I must confess I skimmed thru the post, because ive read it before. Im not causeing drama, I simply discussing, generaly, the nwdatsuns.com site, right below the pinned north west datsuns enthusiasts sticky, and the realm links.

If you where concerned about those links also I must have missed it.

If anything, you guys should sticky this. That would be great.