L320 in NC

65L320

Order two cans, at least.  I used more than 1.5 on those inner fenders.  It's convenient to get the paint in spray cans but honestly the coverage isn't that great, so you end up using a lot of paint for a relatively small area. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So since my tailgate is beat up I tried to clean up one off my 64 parts truck. Super rusty! Took it to work to blast and was bad news.

Current tailgate

image_zps4b243525.jpg

image_zps8e75ace6.jpg

image_zps61f8a63e.jpg

64 rusted mess

image_zpsa029a3c6.jpg

image_zps991883ee.jpg

Poor thing is Swiss cheese. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow of the end result.

Your taillights look complete, do what you have to to save what you have, even if you have to weld different backs with bulb holders on what you have.

What exactly is wrong with your buckets?

I modified my 66 520 buckets to accept either ford maverick, or ford pinto bulb holders, here are some photos of the ford bulb holders in the 520 buckets.

DSCN0914.jpg

See the screws holding them in.

DSCN0913.jpg

Better photo of the screw, as I remember I had to make the hole bigger to accept the bulb holders, so it was a one way trip, but the ones I had were toast anyway.

DSCN0915.jpg

Your taillights look complete, do what you have to to save what you have, even if you have to weld different backs with bulb holders on what you have.

What exactly is wrong with your buckets?

I modified my 66 520 buckets to accept either ford maverick, or ford pinto bulb holders, here are some photos of the ford bulb holders in the 520 buckets.

DSCN0914.jpg

See the screws holding them in.

DSCN0913.jpg

Better photo of the screw, as I remember I had to make the hole bigger to accept the bulb holders, so it was a one way trip, but the ones I had were toast anyway.

DSCN0915.jpg

I use a generic light socket and silver solder them in. It's a pain, but you can't weld that light steel without burning through. When I'm done soldering, I just paint the interior of the light bucket silver.

I use a generic light socket and silver solder them in. It's a pain, but you can't weld that light steel without burning through. When I'm done soldering, I just paint the interior of the light bucket silver.

That was a bad choice of words, I used screws in mine, but considered making the holes bigger to use the aftermarket snap in type of bulb holder, but I can always do that later, it's hard to go back once you change something permanently.

• 1 month later...

Well, I would say that you don't have much to work with, but I know someone that has a set more than likely, as they offered to sell them to me recently, but I have not heard from him in a few weeks.

Basically my guess would be that someone has used a trailer converter to combine the turn signals and brake lights, otherwise I see no way for this to work with one bulb.

This is what your bucket is supposed to look like.

DSCN1970.JPG

DSCN1971.JPG

They come up every once in a while on ebay, but usually only one side at a time, that is where I got the one in the photos above, but have not seen any recently. :(

That's the passenger side. I think the socket melted or something. They just jb welded it shut and taped the wiring back. The drivers side functions correctly but the lens are cracked really bad. I'm thinking about putting different tail lights on it. I have some old Chevy (1948?) tail lights that I'm sure would do the job, but it wouldn't be stock any more. It looks like the tailgate is going to be slightly different as well.

Some things have come up and it looks like I may have to sell the 320. I bought all of the wiper assembly and a working wiper motor but have not installed them yet. I'm taking offers at this time. Would like to keep it in the Datsun family if possible. Thanks for everything guys!