dez

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The audio on that ^^^ video is awesome. :rofl:

AT :56 what is this?

Move video to :56 see what he had in there before.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:  cross between a snowmobile and a lionel train..

I have seen worse and done worse paint wise,,, but like i says,, move video to :56 and take a look at the crazy snowcat (??) running gear goings on before he did what he did in the OP video... It`s some crazy contraption for sure.

As Steve Martin and Bill Murray once said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, What the hell is that!??

Seriously this was in the spot before he started,,,,,, ??

As you can tell by my three posts about it,, it is driving me crazy to know why this is even in the car,,, let alone seeming to drive it.

MiscAnimalsBoys001.jpg

MiscAnimalsBoys002.jpg

Seriously this was in the spot before he started,,,,,, ??

As you can tell by my three posts about it,, it is driving me crazy to know why this is even in the car,,, let alone seeming to drive it.

MiscAnimalsBoys001.jpg

Easy, it's a home made CVT.

Merlin that was the first thing I saw at 48 sec. I give it less than a week before the copper fails from metal fatigue.

'Cuz steampunk!

So...is the power steering pump pumping his oil? What about the oil pump?

Where did the oil pan go? What's on the other side of the fire wall?

What the fuck?

It's soft copper. You could have at least made it all bend with the lines and look decent. 

When I saw the first post of this thread I was going to say put it in Insomniacs. 

But this was totally deservicg of it's own thread. What in the hell?

OK oil comes out of the block to the remote filter. From there to in interior of the car (presumably to a larger reservoir tank) I guess it will later be fed back to the power steering pump inlet. The outlet from the PS pump goes to the block to lube the rest of the motor and also to the turbo. The return line from the turbo also appears to go back into the car reservoir tank.

Fuck me how will he regulate the oil pressure?? Does he not know that PS pumps are capable of 1,800 PSI??????

Yes but why?? do you think it could have ever powered drove the car? 

yes it is killing me :lol:

I doubt that a ski-doo belt drive would handle that for long. Obviously why he switched to the much more sensible 4 link.

• Like 1

in flip flops? ballsy!!! idk how great you are at something, shit happens.

i'm a noob to welding/fab...but i'm a perfectionist and would hate to screw up my project or myself...just see no logic in this guys direction!

in flip flops? ballsy!!! idk how great you are at something, shit happens.

i'm a noob to welding/fab...but i'm a perfectionist and would hate to screw up my project or myself...just see no logic in this guys direction!

Gotta love how he just goes for it though... no apparent planning  just saying fuck it this is happening right now,  whether it's poorly welding/ fabbing while wearing flip flops, running dubious dry-sump configs that will break later,  or painting shit while it's still hot right there on the driveway... skills be damned !  (a reference to the above Napoleon Dynamite link... one needs skills, lol!)

He probably started on the '4-link' early in the morning, grabbed whatever pipe and stuff he had laying around and finished by noon.  No planning or quality work necessary (in his mind).  "Yeah this piece looks good here... tack it !"  

I just hope he is new to all this and will learn from his mistakes.  I look back in horror at some of the stuff I started off with !

You never know though... could be like my brother who had a brain injury years ago.  Seems totally normal in conversation, well read, good sense of humor, etc, but when he goes to do any kind of project you just have to walk away.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow .... :rofl: .... I've seen worse, but damn that makes me feel better .... :lol:

indy your the man this guy is a fucking idiot......... cars ruined and he should be killed.... ok minus the shit flux core welding ...... did he not see how poorly the 8.8 fit ... wtf