Wheel tire questions! Stretching?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that will be stretched. 205 is 8in so anything less than that will be stretched. You have a ton of sidewall with that 70 series so I wouldn't worry about it.

Check out tyrestretch.com for images.

So it would be fine and wouldn't worry about any potential problems it is also a tier that had about one season of wear on it. Is it safe to stretch a used tire??

A minimal amount of stretching wont hurt anything. Some people run quite a bit and never have any issues... Ive never seen a report where someone had a blowout or similar due to stretching. As long as youre not going to the far extreme of it, you will be fine. 

Aesthetically its not for everyone and crowd that normall does stretch has given the practice quite a bad name. But its really not that bad. Ive been doing it for years now and although I have had flats, none were caused by the stretch. A member was just in a pretty bad accident a couple months ago which totaled his vehicle. His heavily stretched tires were still fully mounted. 

A minimal amount of stretching wont hurt anything. Some people run quite a bit and never have any issues... Ive never seen a report where someone had a blowout or similar due to stretching. As long as youre not going to the far extreme of it, you will be fine.

Aesthetically its not for everyone and crowd that normall does stretch has given the practice quite a bad name. But its really not that bad. Ive been doing it for years now and although I have had flats, none were caused by the stretch. A member was just in a pretty bad accident a couple months ago which totaled his vehicle. His heavily stretched tires were still fully mounted.

okay that's what I have heard form a few people and I really don't want to spend the money on new tires that are perfectly good. But is it okay to stretch a used tire or does it not make a difference