The Twilight Zone Another vintage mini trucker found ! Introducing Scott.

Steroid

It never ceases to amaze Me. Just as I met Robbie Klima a few years back when I had Funtana on display at a local car show, another mini trucker from the past has been located !  Tony and I entered Our trucks at another local show Saturday and as We went back to get some waters to drink, a guy was admiring Our trucks. Once again We heard "I used to have a Datsun 620 back in the day". 30 minutes later another friendship was formed by, get this, another person that moved over here from California. We exchanged phone numbers and email addresses and yesterday I texted Him a cover photo I took of the April 1984 issue of Mini Truck Magazine (NOT Mini Truckin', Mini Truck Magazine only ran for 4 years during the 80s. Naturally I have every issue in My collection). "That's it ! !" Scott replied. He came over to the barn yesterday and showed Me what He had kept, including two photos taken of His truck. So here, from His personal collection, are two never before seen views of The Twilight Zone:

TwilightZone1_zpsc01cd792.jpg

TwilightZone2_zps85cb58b3.jpg

MTM4-1984_zpsa7e511b7.jpg

Tkn2-85-70_zps4df3a790.jpg

Tkn2-85-71_zps825b455f.jpg

Tkn2-85-73_zps2a96d1b2.jpg

Oh, and guess what??????? Take one guess who is now looking to purchase a clean, running 620 and a GT Spoiler camper shell?????

It never ceases to amaze Me. 

• Like 7
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wayno,

He told Us that He sold it to a man He worked with for His daughter. After that, its whereabouts are unknown. Maybe it is in somebody's garage covered with boxes and such. I still feel that there are some garage finds around. Proof of this was the stepside that Chop Derek and Moody found a little while back. Keep looking guys ! ! !

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I saw in your post you have all of the mini truck magazines. I have been looking for the one that had my truck in in for years, thought maybe you could help. I believe it is Sept or Nov 1984. It is a two tone Chevy Luv. licence plate WARLOCK I believe the article starts with "Dan Crocker of Whittier Cal." If you could post pics or at least let me know the issue month it would be much appreciated, like I said I have been trying to hunt it down for years......Thanks

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a bit of an update here. A few weeks back Scott bought a 76 620 from Chopper Jim in Kingman AZ who had bought it from Steroid sometime back. The truck will be gutted & hes talking about doing a V-6 or 8 swap & he already has a Ford 9 inch rear end for it. Scott lives 5 minutes from us here in Bullhead so ill get pix next time im there.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...