Jump to content
Burabuda

Engine Porn (beyond ... saturation)

Recommended Posts

lol I love how she has a universal connection and two drive extensions, and a whole lot of side booby. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mattndew76 said:

lol I love how she has a universal connection and two drive extensions, and a whole lot of side booby. 

i didnt notice any tools 😁

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

            Where's the big shoehorn?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, VFR800 said:

2sqrYmqj_o.jpeg

My favorite Mustang being built! 😍

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

A friend traded his year old Baracuda for a '71 Mach One Boss 429. I drove it for an evening and to this day one of the nicest sounding exhausts. He got rid of it... shitty mileage (oil crisis '72) and you couldn't get at to change the spark plugs. He was always wanting to race me, but I didn't want to loose so I said ok if I pick the place. Naturally I picked the one with the worst traction. 3 out of 3. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

A friend traded his year old Baracuda for

 

a '71 Mach One Boss 429.

 

I drove it for an evening and to this day one of the nicest sounding exhausts. He got rid of it... shitty mileage (oil crisis '72) and you couldn't get at to change the spark plugs. He was always wanting to race me, but I didn't want to loose so I said ok if I pick the place. Naturally I picked the one with the worst traction. 3 out of 3. 

Really? 71 Boss 429? Really?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

Really? 71 Boss 429? Really?

 

We were young and I was really 'into' the muscle car scene. I had a '70 Dart and he bought a 318 Plymouth Barracuda. Old man automatic. He could see he was missing out on the fun so had a chance to trade and went too far the other way. It was a handful of a car and traction was a problem.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My son and his friend ran an auto mod shop in Torrance CA.  A customer insisted on stuffing a really big V8 into his Vega.  Despite their best efforts to dissuade the customer, he insisted on going ahead with the swap.  When finished my son and his partner first got paid.  The customer backed out of the garage and proceeded to go on to the road.  He reved the engine.  Twisted the whole car like an empty beer can.  The customer promptly ordered another conversion. 

 

Some people don't learn from experience.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

 

We were young and I was really 'into' the muscle car scene. I had a '70 Dart and he bought a 318 Plymouth Barracuda. Old man automatic. He could see he was missing out on the fun so had a chance to trade and went too far the other way. It was a handful of a car and traction was a problem.

The reason he said "Really" is they only built Boss 429 Mustangs in 69 and 70.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

My son and his friend ran an auto mod shop in Torrance CA.  A customer insisted on stuffing a really big V8 into his Vega.  Despite their best efforts to dissuade the customer, he insisted on going ahead with the swap.  When finished my son and his partner first got paid.  The customer backed out of the garage and proceeded to go on to the road.  He reved the engine.  Twisted the whole car like an empty beer can.  The customer promptly ordered another conversion. 

 

Some people don't learn from experience.

The only thing that twisted on my LT1 powered Vega was the stock transmission mount ended up S shaped from the torque. It was not a stock LT1 either, it had a hotter cam and a couple of other tweaks to make around 400hp.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, goes2fast said:

The reason he said "Really" is they only built Boss 429 Mustangs in 69 and 70.

 

Maybe I'm remembering Boss but it wasn't?

 

420px-1972_Mach1_351CJ.jpg

 

It had the triangle NACA scoops.

 

Says here the '71 Mach 1 had 2 optional 429 engines.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_Mach_1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

 

Maybe I'm remembering Boss but it wasn't?

 

420px-1972_Mach1_351CJ.jpg

 

It had the triangle NACA scoops.

 

Says here the '71 Mach 1 had 2 optional 429 engines.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_Mach_1

The 2 429s were the Cobra Jet and the Super Cobra Jet. The Boss 429 was discontinued after 1970 when NASCAR outlawed them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Almost 50 years ago. Oh well no 'BOSS' then.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

And here is a modern 500+ hp LS3 swapped into a 75 Vega.

 

185016_ArticleSection_XL_9f995e74-1279-48b4-9ef3-d720e07cb2de.jpg.8740cf4e1b56827958ac152ebd31e8d5.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.