some guidance SR s14 harness into 510

sam

I have a sr20det s14 vvt motor and I want to know how to wire it up to my car. I dont think I can use the Diagram that icehouse posted for s13 sr , so if angone has done it could you give me advice or guide me in how to wire it up in my car please. Thats all I need ... pleaseeeeeeeee some pictures or some pins number would help

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your engine Kouki or Zenki?  The Kouki diagram is impossible to find.  I thought I posted a Zenki?  Maybe I still need to make one.   As far as the car harness goes, I would just find any year 510 harness, a complete one and install it in your car.  It will work just fine.  68's are my favorite year and only one actually had a 68 harness, and basically nothing worked haha :)  

Thanks Icehouse for getting back at me. I believe mine is a zenki 1996 but how can I make sure it is? So your saying to use the same diagram that you made for a s13 sr ? Remember s14 have the vvt and I beleive that requires connecting more wires . I was thinking of just looking up how 240sx people wire it up a s14 sr into there car and just use that as a guide for me to hot wire it up to my datsun, but if you have better ideas or you can clear things up since you done it more than I have that would be awesome. Again thank you and hope to hear from you soon

"... looking up how 240sx people wire it up a s14 sr into there car..."

Bingo. If all else fails, this may give you a few leads. It will be semi-vague to your application, but heck maybe you could make something of it?

Good luck.

Thanks Icehouse for getting back at me. I believe mine is a zenki 1996 but how can I make sure it is? So your saying to use the same diagram that you made for a s13 sr ? Remember s14 have the vvt and I beleive that requires connecting more wires . I was thinking of just looking up how 240sx people wire it up a s14 sr into there car and just use that as a guide for me to hot wire it up to my datsun, but if you have better ideas or you can clear things up since you done it more than I have that would be awesome. Again thank you and hope to hear from you soon

Find out if your ECU plug matches the plug in this FSM.  

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Engine-Specific/SR/s14_sr20det.pdf

Then you will know.