My 1st Gen. Maxima (New to Forum)

SilviaMaxxed

I've seen both those especially the blue one It was posted in HybridZ it was a nice car I believe that one first had the stock L24E and guy just turbocharged it without any problems. Coilovers I believe fronts will need fab work I know rear S13 coilovers should bolt up.

Hey and is your maxima the one that was for sale in Sacramento CL for $800.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen both those especially the blue one It was posted in HybridZ it was a nice car I believe that one first had the stock L24E and guy just turbocharged it without any problems. Coilovers I believe fronts will need fab work I know rear S13 coilovers should bolt up.

I was just going to cut springs lol but i still haven't found wheels. I also found another 1st gen maxima cleaner than mine, trying to check it out tomorrow.

No that wasn't mine but i can't believe i missed it! I wouldn't sell unless i needed to or have another car as a daily. 

I bet it is the same car, Ugh, I cant believe they painted it that green. Im pretty picky about paint. when i get my car re-painted, it will be in the original, 106b Blue Mist Metallic.

the cracked dash looks almost identical and you can tell the green is covering the original blueish color. I love the datsun 620 trucks blue paint, unsure of the name though. think it might be true blue but don't quote me on that

Its easy to find out, just find someone with that color and look at the VIN plate under the hood, it should have a number after where it says "color". You can find out any original Nissan paint color that way.

Remember how you told me the 1st gen maximas with no sun roof are more desirable? well i just picked one up today! haha

79,xxx original miles clean title

IMG_20131024_151417.jpg

20131024_145459.jpg

20131024_145432.jpg

20131024_145419.jpg

20131024_133116.jpg

20131024_133101.jpg

WOOOOOOOOW I am so jealous right now man!!!!! It is absolutely beautiful. How did you find that??? How much did yo pick it up for? And its a non diesel sunroof??? damn thats even rarer. In fact, I think the only two ways it could be rarer are if it was in my color, or if it was manual or leather.

I worked out the rarest combo to be an 84' in blue mist metallic, with leather and manual and no sunroof.

But that is like unicorn rare. If it even exists.

WOOOOOOOOW I am so jealous right now man!!!!! It is absolutely beautiful. How did you find that??? How much did yo pick it up for? And its a non diesel sunroof??? damn thats even rarer. In fact, I think the only two ways it could be rarer are if it was in my color, or if it was manual or leather.

I worked out the rarest combo to be an 84' in blue mist metallic, with leather and manual and no sunroof.

But that is like unicorn rare. If it even exists.

i practically eat sleep and shit craigslist haha. I have an application that alerts me any time a datsun is posted anywhere throughout california :thumbup: plus i browse through craigslist ALL of the time looking for cheap cars to flip. I found it up in northern california near the bay area. Bought it off an older man, really cool guy by the way.

Now I'm going to be on the hunt for that type of maxima! lol :geek:

so my question now is should i get Tokico Illumina Shocks / Struts, Ground Control Coilovers Front and Rear, and Ground Control Front Camber Plates for the 280z or s13 for my maxima?

I am not sure the status of each of your cars. How low are you tryin to go? Tokico illuminas are good shocks.

i want to go about an inch or inch and a half. I was thinking about getting eibach springs for the front and cutting the back springs. But if coil overs are an option and i can find some cheap ones i would go that route.

Well which car's suspension is worst, lol.

I think ill just cut springs to keep my budget down. The car only has 80xxx miles so it should last for a while unless i slam it to the point where all of the suspension has too much strain on it. Not 100% sure but ill be doing research this weekend. Any suggestions? 

BTW my cousin just came to visit from phoenix, az haha small world :w00t:

• 2 months later...

Hens teeth, scour ebay, craigslist, and european sites

Maybe make your own?

i tried craigslist throughout CA, no luck. i found an 84 maxima about 30min from me at a pick n pull I'm praying that its the same color as mine so i can get the center console and maybe rear passenger side door since mine recently won't open. it would be epic if it had mud flaps. a friend told me he found is maxima mud flaps at pick n pull in the trunk brand new lol. Maybe i have too much hope for this but ill find out tomorrow.

Eagle Adam is supposed to be getting me one, but I havent heard back from him in a few days...

They made over 200,000 of these things, so the parts should be out there, lol.

i checked the one at PNP and the parts i needed were crap. Someone beat me to the corner light, bumper was damaged, car was blue so couldn't swap back doors, and i broke the center console trying to take it out lol. I'm on the hunt still!

Good news is i have a budget for coilovers but not sure what type or brand to get.