My 1st Gen. Maxima (New to Forum)

SilviaMaxxed

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and just wanted to share my 84 maxima i just bought. It's in good condition! Interior/Exterior is very clean for its age, little marks here and there, no rust at all. Nothing unexpected. It has 135*** miles currently, just passed smog. Hopefully everything turns out good. So far my plan is to find a nice set of gold mesh enkei 92s (15x7 or 15x8 LMK if you have any!) and lower it. I also would like to put hardwood floor or something of similar appearance in the trunk and maybe a wood grain steering wheel. Nothing major, just minor upgrades. Let me know what you think!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to sign up to a maxima forun to see yours?

just get some cheap ROTA RBs and cut the springs in front and a coil in back as these things are low anyways.If rich put coilover kit on your front struts.

i tried uploading through image and code but it won't allow me to do so on this site.

what type of coilover kit would work for the front? 

Beautiful car man, I dont know how I missed this thread...

Dont get Rotas. Get real wheels, Rotas will cost the same or more, and still be Rotas, not Enkei.

I actually like the stock wheels on these cars, so I am not in a rush to replace mine.

For coilvers I heard you can call Eibach, but I am not sure. I was planning on trying 240sx stuff.....

BTW, In case you havent figured this out, the 84 automatic is the most desirable one to have (One with NO sunroof would be the absolute most desirable in any version) The tranny tunnel on the 4 speed auto is wider than that on the manual and 3 speed auto versions. Meaning: you can put a bigger transmission in the car, easier, and from more engines.

Beautiful car man, I dont know how I missed this thread...

Dont get Rotas. Get real wheels, Rotas will cost the same or more, and still be Rotas, not Enkei.

I actually like the stock wheels on these cars, so I am not in a rush to replace mine.

For coilvers I heard you can call Eibach, but I am not sure. I was planning on trying 240sx stuff.....

BTW, In case you havent figured this out, the 84 automatic is the most desirable one to have (One with NO sunroof would be the absolute most desirable in any version) The tranny tunnel on the 4 speed auto is wider than that on the manual and 3 speed auto versions. Meaning: you can put a bigger transmission in the car, easier, and from more engines.

Thanks! I really want a set of gold mesh enkeis but man are they overpriced. I found some originals but the guy is asking 800 for them. I'm debating if it is worth it, they seem to be in great shape.

I was going to use eibach springs for the rear and cut springs for the front, I might wait until spring to do so but not 100% sure. 

I'm having some issues with my sunroof leaking a little. It doesn't happen all of the time, i blew out the 2 front drains with a compressor then ran it through the car wash a couple times and had a small amount of water get through still. Are there 2 back drains as well or?

800$ thats highway robbery!!!, I sold my last set for $200. $800 is ridiculous, You can get Enkei RPF1s for like 800 BRAND FREAKIN NEW. And they are REAL racing wheels.

Theres a set of Advan A3A on ebay for reasonable money. They pop up here regularly too.

Eibach makes good stuff, I cant speak for cutting the springs though, some cars it works good, like the Integra type R I did yesterday. But a lot will get bouncy.

Yes every sunroof has 4 drains, one for each corner. If your leaking then it means that your seal is probably too far gone. You could also have a drain hose have come off, or a rust spot, or a leaky hose.

SUN ROOFS SUCK ASS!.

What area of the headliner does it leak from?

800$ thats highway robbery!!!, I sold my last set for $200. $800 is ridiculous, You can get Enkei RPF1s for like 800 BRAND FREAKIN NEW. And they are REAL racing wheels.

Theres a set of Advan A3A on ebay for reasonable money. They pop up here regularly too.

Eibach makes good stuff, I cant speak for cutting the springs though, some cars it works good, like the Integra type R I did yesterday. But a lot will get bouncy.

Yes every sunroof has 4 drains, one for each corner. If your leaking then it means that your seal is probably too far gone. You could also have a drain hose have come off, or a rust spot, or a leaky hose.

SUN ROOFS SUCK ASS!.

What area of the headliner does it leak from?

i offered him 300 for the wheels but he hasn't responded. 

It's leaking for the back of the headliner, the side closer to the rear end of the car. ill try blowing out those 2 drain holes this weekend and run another test, if it still leaks ill probably take it in to get the seals checked. Though they don't look like they're in bad condition but that's just me.

To whomever it may interest, I will be updating this post with any progress or updates I've done to my maxima. I have plans for the future so hopefully everything comes together nicely. On a side note, i changed my rotars over the weekend, sorry no pictures but i did smash my index finger in the process. I was trying to change my brake pads but the local auto parts stores no longer have 1st gen maxima brake pads, or so they told me? So, if anyone could inform me if there is a part number for 84 maxima brake pads at autozone or oreily it would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance!!  :thumbup:

- Miguel

• 2 weeks later...

wow, where did you find springs for that price?

I love your paint by the way, its original right?

craigslist! the guy was about to throw them away but posted them before he did. luckily i was out of town where he lived  :thumbup:

and yes it's the original paint, i love it! but it does have some sun spots, i haven't got to buffing it just yet. i really want to park her in the garage when i'm at home but my dad looks at me each time and says "HAHAHAHAHA what do you think that is a mercedes!?"  :sleep:  lol

"HAHAHAHAHA what do you think that is a mercedes!?"  :sleep:  lol

Hell no, its better.

How many older Mercedes do you see compared to old Maximas? Tons.

They were directly competing with the E190 class Benz with this car too. (of which they made over 1.1 million vs 200k-ish maximas)

Hell no, its better.

They were directly competing with the E190 class Benz with this car too. (of which they made over 1.1 million vs 200k-ish maximas)

ehh my dad is stubborn, most likely where i get it from haha. i have a car cover, i might try and convince him to get a canopy i think they're called? to protect it from the sun and rain while it's parked at home.

P.S. I plan on taking her to the Datsloco car meet in Manteca, CA this friday October 12th, 2013. So maybe who ever is local can see her in person.  :poke:

Hell no, its better.

they get compared to cressidas too. but the 7M would blow the L24 in the weeds haha

• 2 weeks later...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/52444-1984-nissan-maxima-l28et-lots-of-mods-and-pics-2500-obo/

so i found that thread and seen that he had coil overs, camber plates, and shocks on his 1st gen. Just wondering if anyone knows if he did any fabrication to use those or were they specifically for the first gen maxims?