Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/15/2021 at 12:30 PM, bilzbobaggins said:

Speaking of weird, I was buzzed and bought a 99 camry v6 with manual trans.  Its got a cool 504k miles.  Never drove a manual camry  Had to have it.

I called a local U-Haul shop a couple of weeks ago to reserve a car dolly and the cute sounding female clerk asked me if I knew anyone who could put a clutch in a 2000 Camry. I told her I never knew Camrys to have sticks after the 1st gens. She said they sure did and she owns one. NEAT!

This afternoon, I went to change spark plugs in my Datsun only to discover an Amazon seller had been a tad sneaky.

torch.jpg

The part number is the same as the NGKs I thought I was getting but these are produced by the CHICOM gubment. Interwebs doesn't know much about them other than they don't like them.

• Like 1
On 9/16/2021 at 8:36 AM, datsunfreak said:

Those are cool. My buddy has one with only 65k on it, super clean. Supposedly they only made like 1800 of them...

This one aint clean.  Lol  Im going to goof off in it for a few weeks and then put it on the lot

17 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

I called a local U-Haul shop a couple of weeks ago to reserve a car dolly and the cute sounding female clerk asked me if I knew anyone who could put a clutch in a 2000 Camry. I told her I never knew Camrys to have sticks after the 1st gens. She said they sure did and she owns one. NEAT!

This afternoon, I went to change spark plugs in my Datsun only to discover an Amazon seller had been a tad sneaky.

torch.jpg

The part number is the same as the NGKs I thought I was getting but these are produced by the CHICOM gubment. Interwebs doesn't know much about them other than they don't like them.

I think they put manuals in thru 2011.  I could have bought a 2010 earlier this year.  Its was a six speed manual.  I did not know it was at the sale and only realized it was a hog leg transmission when it was being bid on.  I couldnt risk much on it as I didnt look it over before the sale.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Yeah, don't buy plugs on Amazon or eBay. I made that mistake once and half the plugs wouldn't even fit in my spark plug socket

Yep. For spark plugs it is crazy to think they get counterfeited but they do. Make sure when you buy plugs it is from an authorized dealer. Autozone does NGKs just check with the manufacturers who is a dealer before buying.

Made a pan of brownies today. Best before was 2016 but, shrug. I'm experimenting with 'butter' instead of oil with some instant coffee, and raisins added to confuse the pallet. Everyone likes getting coffee flavored brownies. 

Harvest time.

Made some special infused butter (only had margarine) in my wife's crock pot. 16oz made 14ox of this green/yellow olio I poured into cupcake pan with paper liners to cool and set.

In true randomness these sentences are also random.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner in Canada. Looks like a good year.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Made a pan of brownies today. Best before was 2016 but, shrug. I'm experimenting with 'butter' instead of oil with some instant coffee, and raisins added to confuse the pallet. Everyone likes getting coffee flavored brownies. 

Harvest time.

Made some special infused butter (only had margarine) in my wife's crock pot. 16oz made 14ox of this green/yellow olio I poured into cupcake pan with paper liners to cool and set.

In true randomness these sentences are also random.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner in Canada. Looks like a good year.

Have you seen these?

https://magicalbutter.com

Interesting. I'll stick with the crock pot for now. Not really much of a user but I really do like the edibles on a rare occasion. Now that I'm unemployed and no drug tests in the future I can explore this more.

I don't even remember Saturday evening and when I mention it to my wife, she just laughs. I mistakenly measured ONE tiny teaspoon of 'butter' and covered it with jam and tested it. You know that feeling when your friend is showing you how fast his car accelerates? and the speedometer is passing 70/90/110/130 as fast as you can say it and you realize that really, this isn't that much fun as a passenger, in fact you have no say or control in the matter. Well 3 hrs. in it was oppressive. My wife put me to bed by 8:30..... inexperience on my part. I was trying for 55-60 on cruise control and watch the scenery going by.

Brownies. There are 6 teaspoons in an ounce and I used 2 ounces of 'butter' so 12 teaspoons in my double batch of brownies. It's an 8" x 8" pan and there was a 900gr packet of brownie mix and it looks to be 1 1/2" to 2" tall. Jesus I'm not fucking up like that again. That's 64 one inch squares and each square will theoretically have 1/5 teaspoon of 'butter'. That 'cuts' the dose to about 1/5.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/19/2021 at 8:29 PM, thisismatt said:

Yeah, don't buy plugs on Amazon or eBay. I made that mistake once and half the plugs wouldn't even fit in my spark plug socket

I've always had a lot of luck buying plugs off eBay (there's a dude who sells only NGK plugs and really knows his stuff) but eBay no longer has a relationship with Paypal and soooooooooo eBay wants a bank account number so they can pay me and I ain't givin' anyone even a throw-away bank account.

I don't even sell on there anymore but now when I click on eBay I get a popup that won't even let me browse until I click it off three times.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

eBay no longer has a relationship with Paypal and soooooooooo eBay wants a bank account number so they can pay me and I ain't givin' anyone even a throw-away bank account.

I don't even sell on there anymore but now when I click on eBay I get a popup that won't even let me browse until I click it off three times.

FWIW, I buy/sell on there often and haven't had these issues. And not sure how since eBay (technically) owns PayPal. Kooky...

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 3

Fuck paypal.  I have used my account three times this year.  I bought off of ebay once.  I sent my buddy some loot for a jersey.  I sent a deposit for my dog for the third.  My account is now locked untill I provide them with invoices as they claim I am a business.  And customer service is as helpful as you can imagine.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

Fuck paypal.  I have used my account three times this year.  I bought off of ebay once.  I sent my buddy some loot for a jersey.  I sent a deposit for my dog for the third.  My account is now locked untill I provide them with invoices as they claim I am a business.  And customer service is as helpful as you can imagine.

I've had fairly decent success with just calling them directly? 844-558-3747 if you want to give that a try? 

I only have it really for ebay. The kind of stuff you describe I just use something like Zelle.

I will say, where PayPal really sucks big fat donkey dicks is that in any dispute, they take the buyer's side. That is what made me stop selling anything over $50 on ebay. Twice I had people lie to them about things I sold and of course, PayPal took their side and refunded their money. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

I will say, where PayPal really sucks big fat donkey dicks is that in any dispute, they take the buyer's side. That is what made me stop selling anything over $50 on ebay. Twice I had people lie to them about things I sold and of course, PayPal took their side and refunded their money. 

For 99% of my transactions using PayPal there has never been any problems.

But.

I recently purchased some t-shirts from a guy in Arizona. After several weeks I contacted him and he made the same lame excuse everyone is using these days, Covid, and promised to ship the next day. When I didn’t get shipping confirmation and tracking I reached out to him again.

He ignored me.

So I escalated it through PayPal. 

Then he made more excuses and empty promises.

The time ran out and PayPal closed the case and I was out the money I paid.

But wait.

I used my credit card through PayPal.

So, I filed a claim through the credit card, and didn’t take any of the guy’s shit.

Got back every penny.

• Like 4

Well after having toilet issues with our ancient toilet it was time to go big and get a new one. I was on a mission to buy the toilet that flushes a bucket of golf 20210925_150927.thumb.jpg.9d66b9e3edc625f5da300d3e8dddad84.jpgballs at the home depot when I spied this. 7 billiard balls flusher must be better than a golf ball flusher so I went with this. It would be fun to actually try the billiard balls but I don't think that it would end well. Hard to explain the billiard balls to the plumber.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

Well after having toilet issues with our ancient toilet it was time to go big and get a new one. I was on a mission to buy the toilet that flushes a bucket of golf 20210925_150927.thumb.jpg.9d66b9e3edc625f5da300d3e8dddad84.jpgballs at the home depot when I spied this. 7 billiard balls flusher must be better than a golf ball flusher so I went with this. It would be fun to actually try the billiard balls but I don't think that it would end well. Hard to explain the billiard balls to the plumber.

Don't know why they demo with ping pong balls, ripe bananas would be more realistic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have had nothing but good luck with Paypal. My first debit card was not secure enough for online transactions (bank didn't tell any users that until enough folks got screwed by the interwebs). The "hackers" would daily siphon off $5-$30 a day from my account. When I reported it to the bank they said, "Sucks to be you!". After I submitted a list of fraudulent claims to Paypal they asked me to call them on the phone. When I did, this very sweet lady volunteered that many of the fraudulent claims I'd reported had been purchases from all over the world and that it was obvious I couldn't have made them. Finally she asked, "Are you certain you didn't make these purchases?" yup. "Okay. Let me see what I can do" and hung up. Over the course of the next few days $2700 trickled back into my bank account. Paypal is notoriously anti-2nd Amendment but they've always been honest with me.

eBay is all-in on Covid. "Oh? Your purchase hasn't arrived three weeks later and you never got a tracking number....? Shit.......let's give 'em a few more days." Meanwhile, two seconds after I make a purchase I get a prompt in big red capital letters - PAY NOW!!!!.

Amazon? You don't get your crap? Bezos sends out drones to kill the fuckers and sends you a refund. Quickly.

• Like 2

When I was in my teens, a Neighbor wanted to put a toilet in his basement but found that the normal toilet doesn't like to be below the outlet sewer pipe so put out a want to his service buddies and a few weeks later a box arrived with a surplus submarine toilet in it with a note saying "this is what you need - just make sure you follow the directions".  He installed it and secured the instructions for use on the wall of the bathroom.  His wife decided to have a garden club meeting in the finished basement.  One of the ladies needed to use the facility but failed to read the instructions.  She could not get off the toilet until the ems people could break the suction.  It was substantial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3