Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

(1) drives up and stops .. Hi, I noticed that cool old car in your yard that has been sitting for a few years ..

)2) Ok,, 

(1) iWas wondering if it might be for sale? 

(2) Maybe.

(1) How much you think you would want? 

(2)  Make me an offer .

(1) well I don’t have much …… ( Charlie Brown adult noises) 

(2) listens for a bit ,goes back to what he’s doing ,, then later moves it farther away from road.. 

So ,, moral of this story .. 

fuck you guys and your self righteous shit ,, if any of the first 1000 assholes would have made a reasonable offer or trade that car/ piece of machinery probably wouldn’t still be there ..

It is still there in such bad shape cause nothing is free . 

you’re welcome 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

(1) drives up and stops .. Hi, I noticed that cool old car in your yard that has been sitting for a few years ..

)2) Ok,, 
So ,, moral of this story .. 

fuck you guys and your self righteous shit ,, if any of the first 1000 assholes would have made a reasonable offer or trade that car/ piece of machinery probably wouldn’t still be there ..

It is still there in such bad shape cause nothing is free . 

Bullshit. Anything of mine that sits for that long goes away. Period. 

I'm not going to sit on something I may get to some day that someone else could use now. Especially cars. The absolute worst thing you can do to a car is not drive it. 

And you're telling me the righteous move is to watch it turn to dust rather than sell it to someone who will enjoy it for a price you deemed to be offensive? Much bullshit.

Sorry, nanner. I think you struck a nerve...  😄

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Yes, as opposed to...  😄

The guy I got my Galaxie from had dozens of old cars, mostly vintage Thunderbirds. He was in his sixties but convinced he was going to get to them "some day". Only sold the Galaxie because it was wrecked and he thought the frame was damaged (it isn't), and he actually tried to sell me a vintage Mercedes he had because he was scared of what the parts would cost to restore it. Like that was ever going to happen...  😋

35299868_10212157499039071_8699739704414699520_n.jpg.7a3fd79438bdb57f866f30a1fbabd176.jpg

'67 was the best-styled year for Galaxies,IMO. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

Bullshit. Anything of mine that sits for that long goes away. Period. 

I'm not going to sit on something I may get to some day that someone else could use now. Especially cars. The absolute worst thing you can do to a car is not drive it. 

And you're telling me the righteous move is to watch it turn to dust rather than sell it to someone who will enjoy it for a price you deemed to be offensive? Much bullshit.

Sorry, nanner. I think you struck a nerve...  😄

in this scene .. 

YOU << are the guy asking to get car/machine for almost free because you believe you would be a better caretaker than current owner 

so you want someone to give you something after you tell them you’re to broke to pay what it’s worth?? 

So they give you car ,, you have no money to fix it so how is it any better than where it was before ??  

“I’m going to fix it one day” is old people speak for make a reasonable offer you broke ass ..

Again 

I don’t care about YOUR situation,,  I’m talking about 99.9 percent are to broke to fix if it was a running vehicle . 

I have no money ,, but I have a huge amount of free time and a very large amount of tools and multiple garages..

Most who ever ask about cars in my yard,, don’t have a garage, don’t have a trailer and think a plastic case of craftsman tools they got for Christmas one year is enough ..

fuck Um ,, maybe put a sign up down at the tavern asking for guys to give your shit to ,, but me ,, I’m keeping my shit ….. even if it is shit 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2

I go around asking if shits for sale all the time .. but we/I offer what it’s worth . 

just helped pull this out of a backyard yesterday..  and it is in front of garage now being stripped of a few parts and hopefully “resold” by Friday evening 

399F33D5-73DB-4CB2-8629-2D48F32A4A9A.jpeg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 4

The rusty side ..

(edit) just noticed  cars in background are perfect example of traffic in centralia .. 

hillbillies and hot rods 

Only thing missing is primered Honda with a visqueen rear window

9E48DF69-F837-42F7-9657-B2E5C5B86274.jpeg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 5
23 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

so you want someone to give you something after you tell them you’re to broke to pay what it’s worth?? 

So they give you car ,, you have no money to fix it so how is it any better than where it was before ??  

this is partly ture  but one has to buy it cheap enough who has the resources to make it somewhat good, Its a hit or miss on this as I given stuff away thinking Im helping and its mostly a loss after I find out a month or 2 later lost interest or started another project.  Unless I personally know you ill will charge a little more now as I will expect it turns to shit soon enough.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

in this scene .. 

“I’m going to fix it one day” is old people speak for make a reasonable offer you broke ass ..

Not in my experience, but everyone's personal experience is different.

I have, on multiple occasions, offered well above market price for certain cars (sometimes ludicrous amounts) and was told again and again "No, I'm going to get to it some day". 

I don't lowball people. I'm neither a cheapskate nor am I "broke". I usually finish what I start, unless someone offers me a good price and then it goes away to make room for the next one. 

My father drilled into our heads a piece of advice that has served me well. "Cars are a commodity to be bought and sold, you cannot afford to get emotionally attached". And I think a few too many people are. And I just don't get people who love something so much they want to watch it rot away. 

And I also hate selling a project to someone who gets bored two months later and never fixes it. But usually when that happens, they sell it. Rather than just letting it collect dust. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

Again 

I don’t care about YOUR situation,,  I’m talking about 99.9 percent are to broke to fix if it was a running vehicle . 

I have no money ,, but I have a huge amount of free time and a very large amount of tools and multiple garages..

Most who ever ask about cars in my yard,, don’t have a garage, don’t have a trailer and think a plastic case of craftsman tools they got for Christmas one year is enough ..

fuck Um ,, maybe put a sign up down at the tavern asking for guys to give your shit to ,, but me ,, I’m keeping my shit ….. even if it is shit 

I understand. 👍

And I am not looking to give it away, but I have before. If I was sure they were going to fix it. And they did. 😁

• Like 3
22 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

The rusty side ..

(edit) just noticed  cars in background are perfect example of traffic in centralia .. 

hillbillies and hot rods 

Only thing missing is primered Honda with a visqueen rear window

9E48DF69-F837-42F7-9657-B2E5C5B86274.jpeg

Looks like a 55 Chevy out on the highway.

• Like 2

finished up two curb finds this morning.

dressers.jpg

I have about $13 in the pair in the pair between the pink paint and the Dollar General brushes. The blue paint was a curb find also so I don't know what color it is other than being a "mis-tint" per the sticker on top of the lid.

The blue one has a moving company sticker on back dated July 29th 1966 so it's probably passed through an owner or two. The pink one represents my first ever dealings with ikea. Having never messed with it but having heard people brag on the brand so much I assumed that they sold a decent product - ummmm.....no. It's just cheap and easy to assemble I guess.

The ikea came to me with yucky cheapo wooden drawer pull knobs that I replaced with some slightly less "economical" 1980s Chippendale style "bat wings" from a third curb find dresser. The third dresser is particle board and really not even fire pit worthy.

The pink dresser is going to our six year old granddaughter and the blue one to her parents. Her parents kept catching me doing dresser rehabs right about the time someone else had spoken for the piece so they finally made me promise to set two aside specifically for them. By the way, when I texted my daughter the photo of the finished dressers and told her the pink one was ikea I got back, "Ooooooh! Ikea! Niiiiiiiice!". Sure. let's go with that.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

The pink one represents my first ever dealings with ikea. Having never messed with it but having heard people brag on the brand so much I assumed that they sold a decent product - ummmm.....no. It's just cheap and easy to assemble I guess.

As someone with a lot of it in my house, it's not great, it's just good for the price. It's the best cheap furniture you can get. 

• Like 1
On 8/21/2021 at 8:01 PM, ratpatrol66 said:

Why the hell isn't anything going on around here? Is everyone old man napping???

Been looking for a reman engine for my goon.

The timing belt broke going to work Friday morning.

939D436E-DE78-4689-BF58-5CA62E0596EF.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
18 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Your supposed to change those things before they break.

I know.

The service interval is 105,000 miles.

That belt had 90,030 miles on it when it broke last week.

But.

After a review of the maintenance schedule I see it says 105,000 miles or 105 months, whichever comes first.

I changed the first belt at 100,000 miles, when the car was 5 years old, back in 2010.

So, going by time, I was 27 months overdue.

Oops.

An expensive oversight, eh?

• Sad 1