Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bananahamuck said:

c8nApZI.jpg

Is that your Ford?

Mine doesn’t sit out in the weather, always either under the shed roof, or inside the shop.

Lately under the shed roof while I try and work on my Datsuns.

2DAC6394-225A-4EB2-A421-5617145FC198.jpeg

Edited by Racer X 69
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

Is that your Ford?

Mine doesn’t sit out in the weather, always either under the shed roof, or inside the shop.

Lately under the shed roof while I try and work on my Datsuns.

2DAC6394-225A-4EB2-A421-5617145FC198.jpeg

yes it’s my 8n .. my dad passed away 2018 so I have had to move literally TONS of  farm equipment and materials out of our main warehouse,, and storage yard , as sister that drew that straw wanted to sell immediately..  and most heavier stuff ended up here in my garages and wife’s 20x20 she-shed-bbq area like yours is under . ( I think she loves that Traeger more than her children ) 

.. My farms warehouse main door sits

up off ground and everything needs to be forklifted up into loading dock ...  so unfortunately she sits out in the cold right now. 

I use it to scrape driveway since school buses really tear it up .. just put a new starter in her .. Strangely,,  Lacey “Tractor supply company” had 2 on the shelf       weird .. 

I have a  Ferguson TO20 that parents gave to me in 1989 when they bought newer style , but oldest son ran into it last winter and crushed radiator ... I love that tractor more .. 

I got this also,, it moves tons more snow but gets way less waves from geriatric rubberneckers driving by.. haha 

FvZXTLu.jpg

Tl/dr 

Yes 

• Like 6

I also have a TO20 and found that I can still get parts like the rad at tractor parts suppliers.  Mine needed a rebuild when I got it.  I took the crank to my machine shop and asked if they could mic it and turn it 30 under.  Unfortunately he miked it and said one rod journal was already 140 thou under so find a crank. I did find a new one for $90 and now she is rebuilt and runs like new.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, jagman said:

I also have a TO20 and found that I can still get parts like the rad at tractor parts suppliers.  Mine needed a rebuild when I got it.  I took the crank to my machine shop and asked if they could mic it and turn it 30 under.  Unfortunately he miked it and said one rod journal was already 140 thou under so find a crank. I did find a new one for $90 and now she is rebuilt and runs like new.

i will dig for some action pics but... mine lost its OG radiator more than 25 years ago .. mine was running a 60s Ford automobile one.. and that’s the problem, the inlet outlet are same as mustang /falcon radiators I have laying around,  but those I have sit to close to fan.. thinking it might be an old galaxy or Torino .. 

. between my cars I need out of weather I have stuffed in there , and farm crap , I can’t even bring welder to the garage door to fab something .  

someday ... someday 

Haha 

10 hours ago, jagman said:

I also have a TO20

About 20(?) years ago the old Massey Ferguson dealer in centralia closed and auctioned off all its inventory ,, and short block NOS engines ( I think they called them 125s (?) went for $250. Each ,,  man what a steal .. 

Mine has never broke so I traded it to buddy awhile ago. And the other ,, well life got away from me and forgot it outside,,,,, for like 8 years ,, scraped that one.  

• Like 2