Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Bought a pair of Dayton exciters from Amazon. They are basically a speaker without a cone. They can be mounted to just about anything and it will become the cone. Naturally the lighter and stiffer and flatter the better. I used 2'x2'x1" styrene foam boards. Best to hang by fishing line from the ceiling so they are free to move. Somewhat like electrostatic speakers the entire 2x2 foot board vibrates to project sound.

They are rather 'bright' with not much base but I have a sub woofer and a pair of home made speakers so I turned the bass up and treble down and it's passable. It's only for my computer for watching prime and you-tube. Powered by a NAD 3020A. Some tube concerts are great sounding when turned up others are not. Is that You tube?

• Like 2
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/10/2021 at 8:44 PM, datzenmike said:

Bought a pair of Dayton exciters from Amazon. They are basically a speaker without a cone. They can be mounted to just about anything and it will become the cone. Naturally the lighter and stiffer and flatter the better. I used 2'x2'x1" styrene foam boards. Best to hang by fishing line from the ceiling so they are free to move. Somewhat like electrostatic speakers the entire 2x2 foot board vibrates to project sound.

They are rather 'bright' with not much base but I have a sub woofer and a pair of home made speakers so I turned the bass up and treble down and it's passable. It's only for my computer for watching prime and you-tube. Powered by a NAD 3020A. Some tube concerts are great sounding when turned up others are not. Is that You tube?

They have quite a few varieties. How do you know which one to choose?

13 minutes ago, hobospyder said:

Good excuses, I only went 2 days this week so who am I to judge? 

I have worked overtime every day since last September. Since returning from the Christmas break, I have worked 6 weekends. When the manager was asking for weekend volunteers for tomorrow, he passed me up.

I asked why.

He replied that we’re not allowed to work that many weekends in a row. I’m on loan in 67 from 77, so my temp manager claims he didn’t know,  and the 77 manager called him about it.

Shit!

This is my last year, I plan to retire in September, so I want all the extra income I can get.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

They have quite a few varieties. How do you know which one to choose?

I went with the 4 ohm, 40 watt ones. I had home made speaker boxes with a pair of polypropylene 6.5" 'woofers' (Salvation Army $10) and a pair of car 3" 2 ways and added two more car tweeters. A Sony powered 8" sub from the goodwill for $6 lol. 

Both panels are 4 sq ft each so plenty 'bright'. So away with the extra tweets. Perhaps I'll get rid of the homemade boxes as no planning at all went into them at all and get some real mid range ones. There are some good calculators on line for box volume and tube length venting.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Racer X 69 said:

I have worked overtime every day since last September. Since returning from the Christmas break, I have worked 6 weekends. When the manager was asking for weekend volunteers for tomorrow, he passed me up.

I asked why.

He replied that we’re not allowed to work that many weekends in a row. I’m on loan in 67 from 77, so my temp manager claims he didn’t know,  and the 77 manager called him about it.

Shit!

This is my last year, I plan to retire in September, so I want all the extra income I can get.

I know all this, you recently went back to 777 for a day and came back. I'll get back to doing ot on Monday. My manager doesn't even let us hit 3 in a row on third, cut this weekend off even

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hobospyder said:

I know all this, you recently went back to 777 for a day and came back. 

Actually I was only back there for an hour or so when they sent me back on the loan for two more months.

6 months, 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

I went with the 4 ohm, 40 watt ones. I had home made speaker boxes with a pair of polypropylene 6.5" 'woofers' (Salvation Army $10) and a pair of car 3" 2 ways and added two more car tweeters. A Sony powered 8" sub from the goodwill for $6 lol. 

Both panels are 4 sq ft each so plenty 'bright'. So away with the extra tweets. Perhaps I'll get rid of the homemade boxes as no planning at all went into them at all and get some real mid range ones. There are some good calculators on line for box volume and tube length venting.

Hi-Fi on a budget.

I like it.

That's the way to do it! GOOD on her! I'm seventy and daily walk 9-13 km a day (5.6-8 miles) only 3 miles today because overnight snow and....valentines day. Tomorrow it's should be raining and washing it away (I hope) so 9k is more likely. Tues is supposed to be blue sky so 13k.

g8QxBfF.jpg

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, angliagt said:

Nice truck! '96? I had a '96 F150 Super Cab short bed with a 351

that I should have kept.

We've had a couple of snows here,but didn't amount to much.I'm still

waiting to use the 4WD on my Dakota.

Thanks.

It’s a 95 F150 Eddie Bauer. I bought it from the oldest grandson a couple years ago. He wanted to sell it and get a car, and I needed a vehicle with an automatic (until then all my vehicles had stick shifts) as I was having surgery on my right foot and wouldn’t be able to use it for 6 months.

Since recovering from the surgery I’ve kept it as a beater and a commuter vehicle.

6D630500-9651-4F9A-AED8-AAAFA761E7F2.jpeg

9F7F6487-688B-4BBB-A404-1F3972CAE016.jpeg

DF7F00CB-CB61-46BA-B407-853007EB4891.jpeg

Edited by Racer X 69
  • Like 4