Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

damn! you're good! local ghetto exotic animal farm has escapees all the time. i once posted pictures here of their camels blocking my way in the Datsun on a back road.

Same way I guessed.  Local exotic animal farm. They have albino zebras too.  Weird folk but makes that section of highway interesting.  

we joke about hunting them.  I’m guessing you’d be in shit too if you tried.  

Edited by tr8er
  • Like 3

Hey has anyone ever tried crazy glue to bond skin together....intentionally?

All summer I've been using a shovel or rake every day and there is a huge callus on the index side of my thumb. With the cold weather the thick skin doesn't flex well and it split along a fold. It starts to heal but then splits again and is always sore like a split lip. I have some JB Weld crazy glue so I brushed a small amount on one side and pushed it closed. It's holding and I guess in time the skin will grow under and displace it up and out? Right now it's a little itchy.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Hey has anyone ever tried crazy glue to bond skin together....intentionally?

All summer I've been using a shovel or rake every day and there is a huge callus on the index side of my thumb. With the cold weather the thick skin doesn't flex well and it split along a fold. It starts to heal but then splits again and is always sore like a split lip. I have some JB Weld crazy glue so I brushed a small amount on one side and pushed it closed. It's holding and I guess in time the skin will grow under and displace it up and out? Right now it's a little itchy.

Many times. Cheap regular crazy glue and the surgical stuff. For thin cuts it tends to leave very faint scars but seals it up quite well.

The surgical stuff is slightly different chemistry for better tissue compatibility and I personally feel it burns less but works about the same. Used to use a lot of vetbond because we would have it leftover and unusable after animal surgeries. Worked pretty well to glue not just skin back together too (we were doing more internal stuff). Still sterile but couldn't reuse it so would just get tossed. Same as the human stuff just not FDA approved. You can pretty much glue whatever you want back together with that stuff, runs about $20 a tube on Amazon.

Did some searching and this explains the differences: https://lacerationrepair.com/wound-blog/three-things-you-didnt-know-about-glueing-skin/

For simple cuts and such it probably doesn't matter as much. The actual surgical stuff is more expensive but is better suited but realistically they both work in a pinch.

Dermabond is the human rated version but seems expensive and hard to find, supposedly OTC.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is like a cut in appearance, only less than 1/2"  but just red/pink at the bottom, no bleeding. The skin is leathery and thick and flexing in normal use just tears the new skin growth at the bottom of the split. Well that's good to know. There is a slight sting then faint itch. Never bothered me in the summer, guess I should wear gloves in the fall raking leaves.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

This is like a cut in appearance, only less than 1/2"  but just red/pink at the bottom, no bleeding. The skin is leathery and thick and flexing in normal use just tears the new skin growth at the bottom of the split. Well that's good to know. There is a slight sting then faint itch. Never bothered me in the summer, guess I should wear gloves in the fall raking leaves.

Weird as it sounds try using a bit of good quality lotion on those areas of your skin, will soften it up a bit and keep it from cracking. If you want something less greasy corn huskers lotion is good for that. I get it from the local Freddy Meyers when it is in stock. My job requires me to wear nitrile gloves at all times and some long days my hands can get a bit irritated especially if I can't change them as much (we are currently under a glove shortage which is not helping at all). 

A good pair of work gloves are really worth it. As fast as I wear them out doing stuff around the house or working in the shop I'll trade that for tearing up my skin. The older I get the less I cheap out on protective clothing or tools that keep me from getting torn up.

https://www.amazon.com/Corn-Huskers-Oil-Free-Hand-Lotion/dp/B000RO3EMA

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1

I wrapped fabric band aids around it with some polysporin to keep it moist. Yesterday the Krazy Glue was a bit stiff and pulled on it if you rubbed it but good today. Had zero trouble this morning and had gloves on. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 2