Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Fairly true, more than fairly true but unfairly not showing the other side. You could avoid all this be providing clean water, empty the litter every day twice is better, adjust food level so they finish it. This may leave them slightly hungry but gives you leverage over them, about the only mind game you can win with a cat. As a stranger, never show interest in an unknown cat. They are naturally curious and will (sometimes) make the first move. (on their terms) Friend or foe, if eye contact is made, slowly close eyes at them, it's reassuring to them.   

• Like 3
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/30/2020 at 7:51 AM, datzenmike said:

Fairly true, more than fairly true but unfairly not showing the other side. You could avoid all this be providing clean water, empty the litter every day twice is better, adjust food level so they finish it. This may leave them slightly hungry but gives you leverage over them, about the only mind game you can win with a cat. As a stranger, never show interest in an unknown cat. They are naturally curious and will (sometimes) make the first move. (on their terms) Friend or foe, if eye contact is made, slowly close eyes at them, it's reassuring to them.   

On 10/30/2020 at 10:18 AM, bananahamuck said:

Cats are the unibomber of the domesticated animal world. 

Don't mess with a cat you don't know.I got bit by a cat some years ago.Got infected with Pasteurella bacteria.Serious issues,emergency surgery and four days in the hospital.I missed two months of work and had a sore hand for two years.I almost lost my index finger because of the infection.Haven't touched a cat since.Still have a large "V" shaped scar in the palm of my hand.

• 2 weeks later...