Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

I have never driven one of those. But, that's crazy, I wonder what they did to it. I don't own a newer gm truck, but when I was shopping and test driving newer trucks around 5 years ago, the gm stuff had the best ride by far. Of course, that was full size stuff, so not really a comparison.

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd have to agree with Joe on this..............One of the worst trucks ever built.....

I'm also a tech........driven all kinds of trucks...........that one takes it for shittiest everything :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:

• Like 1

1D235061-7EE3-4212-A185-146508A8101D_zps

D6C7D7A1-1EAC-463F-BEE6-47A01A1A11BF_zps

5951C5B2-BDD1-4655-950A-A6E1B422CB24_zps

if anyone near washington has a clean set of doors pm me please

Jrock,

is this your project....Its looking tits...really like the color....suspension look great as well, I hope you take it off road regarless...lol...lots of people dont, I understand with such a classic...but these are not so friendly for everyday street driving...good stuff.

not mine but part resposonible for getting it done..... it will be a street wheeler like the blazer......I'm to stupid to wheel anything i like to look at....still fun in the snow even if ditches get hngry

a89fa3e8.jpg

tear...

3f4b4197.jpg

its funny u say that i was just telling hans last night driving the blazer is rougher then driving the datsun at times........but yeah just around town stuff...maybe a little light wheelsing but im not building axles or putting lockers in something im afraid to cave the door in on........

the blazer is in storage and in limbo .... i built it for my wife and not sure if shes keeping me..might be a casualty of war.....as for wheeling .. it involves laughing and daring each other to do stupid shit that results in wtf's and head scratching and usually some trouble shooting at some points.......i like nice stuff ... but i like being stupid too ... so yeah i would need a purpose built wheeler to truly have fun ...

12777858364_dfe767a02a_c.jpg

12777875194_42bd7aaa05_c.jpg

Concept: Exterior Louvre w/ RePurposed Z louvre

Fits well on the rear ((pic is with it on the front)) and the magnets hold well enough it doesn't budge at the moment.

Have threaded rod and 100 nuts to create the louvre/ layout

Have dowels to create an open/ closed effect of blinds

Have magnets for the top and bottom (2x25lbs, 2x64lbs, 1x94lbs)

Have flat aluminum for attaching to magnets

I stripped all the fins off and enlarged the original holes just slightly to accept the threaded rod.

Working more on this tomorrow when it rains.

EDIT: I need some sort of flange with a through rod .. A ball bearing with a hole through it and a perpendicular flange times 12.

3EE91878-70ED-496A-8061-0D26BD431434_zps

its done just gotta coat the wheels today and mount the tires and shes a runner... smokes like a beast from sitting for 20 years but runs good and strong .........tires are here 33-12.50  on 15 spoke wheels with reinforcing rings welded to them .... im so sick of toms bronco parts..........cuz its a kit ... and the instructions for everything just say bolt it on and go ... which is ncever the case.......bolt on just means the parts have holes in them ,  not that they necessarily correspond to anything on the truck bu there's holes should they !!

3EE91878-70ED-496A-8061-0D26BD431434_zps

its done just gotta coat the wheels today and mount the tires and shes a runner... smokes like a beast from sitting for 20 years but runs good and strong .........tires are here 33-12.50  on 15 spoke wheels with reinforcing rings welded to them .... im so sick of toms bronco parts..........cuz its a kit ... and the instructions for everything just say bolt it on and go ... which is ncever the case.......bolt on just means the parts have holes in them ,  not that they necessarily correspond to anything on the truck bu there's holes should they !!

Love the statement at the end....."bolt on means the parts have holes in them".....so damm true though.