Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/denis-villeneuve-s-dune-remake-will-be-nothing-like-the-david-lynch-film-751

Denis Villeneuve's Dune remake will be nothing like the David Lynch film

At Least Two ‘Dune’ Films Are Being Planned by Denis Villeneuve

The 1984 movie was ok,...but no where near what it could have been. This reboot just might be the first one to make sense in hollywood.

• Like 1

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/denis-villeneuve-s-dune-remake-will-be-nothing-like-the-david-lynch-film-751

The 1984 movie was ok,...but no where near what it could have been. This reboot just might be the first one to make sense in hollywood.

Agreed the '84 original was impossible to fit into 2 hours. Ten times this would be needed. I've read 4 or 5 of the Brian Herbert ghost written, cash in, prequel crap novels (just like Star Wars) and that was far too much. Nice try, but your old man did better with one novel. I've also read Dune at least a dozen times and learn something more every time I read it This is what makes a great novel (or a movie) being able to enjoy it over and over. The other two of the trilogy are OK but lack something. I would go to see it if made but I'm a hard audience.

It's not gay is Dwayne the Rock Johnson (how ironic that surname) fucks you in the arse,just gay if you fuck him in the arse.

Or is it the other way round....

Damn Laotsu would be handy to be able to clarify these things,instead have to rely on DatzenMike.

:rofl:

• Like 2

Dude, if you're into Sci-Fi films and Dune, You SERIOUSLY need to watch this documentary.

• Like 1

The greatest film never made. Well, how can I argue the merits of something that does not exist, might have been, could have been. Like dead rock stars who are idolized, more famous in death for... could have been. The '84 movie was ..... ok the mini series was much better because of the 4 1/2 hour length and another 4 1/2 hour 'Children of Dune'.

The greatest film never made. Well, how can I argue the merits of something that does not exist, might have been, could have been. Like dead rock stars who are idolized, more famous in death for... could have been. The '84 movie was ..... ok the mini series was much better because of the 4 1/2 hour length and another 4 1/2 hour 'Children of Dune'.

Well unlike a dead rock star, how can you argue the merits of a documentary that does exist, but you've never seen? I don't know of any credible film criticism that stems from watching only the trailer. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, though your ignorance is duly noted. 

Edited: so the merits of my responce aren't judged on grammar and spelling.

• Like 1

I did say film not documentary. So was the film made? or not, or were they just going on about how good it would have been? cause I sat through all that you posted and must have missed it. If it wasn't made who gives a fuck.

Mike Let's not get bogged down in semantics, a "film" can be made in many genes, including documentary.

It would seem obvious, even in the trailer, this documentary film explains why they believe Jodorowsky's Dune is "The greatest film never made." I'm simply saying, if you haven't seen it, you are not in a position to judge. Comparing this to a dead rock star misses the entire point completely. Honestly Mike, did you even know Jodorowsky signed all these A list artists and was going to make Dune 14 years before Lynch fuck it up a tree? Personally I find this story fascinating. 

The imagery and scenes laid out and story boarded in the 1400 plus page script have directly influenced sci-fi movies from Star Wars to Matrix. On those merits alone it fits the bill. 

So was it (the Dune movie) made or not? Because if it wasn't made what's there to talk about?

I'm going to buy a header, turbo and Nos, monster cam, lSD and six speed then make a film about how I never built the car.

So was it (the Dune movie) made or not? Because if it wasn't made what's there to talk about?

I'm going to buy a header, turbo and Nos, monster cam, lSD and six speed then make a film about how I never built the car.

You Go Mike!  :thumbup:

When you're done, post the movie here. I'll WATCH it and give you an honest critique.

• Like 2