Hello everyone I am new to Datsun and here

Ed-datsun521

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do get full open when it's off hahah

I think it's wiring at the maf sensor the dude I got the harness/ swap was missing the clip that goes on the sensor I tryed to wire it like 5 different ways this way it idles but it won't rev past that point

Another way I can get it to idle but once I give it has it dies

Another way it turns on and revs all the way no hesitation but it turns of as soon as I let go of the throttle ! Any suggestions ???

I need to sleep on it at least I got the alternator wired up today thanks to the help from

Datson4life !

• Like 3

Use a Volvo HVAC fan relay for those fans. Will work great, they have variations of them. Get mine from the yard all the time.

Damm u read my mind I was about to wire those up because just

got the engine running great now ! It's done vacuum leak ;D

How do those look what car you get them off ?

Any way to make the ecu turn on the fans ?

• Like 1

Here's a few I picked up at the yard a few weeks ago.  Make sure you get the pigtails. Not sure Volvo makes an ON1/ON2 relay. Most are for two speed fans

(ON1/OFF2//OFF1/ON2) but this is still a simple solution. There's a few ways to do it. I would use the stuff below and let the temperature run your fans with a few Volvo relays. (1 stolen pic for reference)

• #61131378412 - BMW 90 degree angle connector (Wire Housing - Black Plastic)
  • #61130007445 - BMW 90 degree angle green connector wires (2x))
  • #61130007446 - BMW 90 degree angle green/black connector wire (1x)
  • For a 180/195 Thermostat, use BMW part# 61318361787
  • For a 195/210 Thermostat, use BMW part# 61311378073

IZsUhA.jpg

P7200003.jpg

• Like 1

So I'm in ka - 521 heaven I like my truck even more than before its so raw loud but still comfy and love to drive it !

One thing tho idle its a bit rough but when I pinch the fuel return line its smooths out soo? FPR time ( fuel pressure regulator) ? Or any ideas ?

I didn't like the way the heim joints was working so I flipped the drag link works like a charm

One more thing I think I need to get a new exhaust pipe what should I use ?

How u been guys ?

• Like 2

Sorry guys I would have done more pictures but I didn really want to stop and take pictures and go back to wrenching plus

My wife had just got me a new iPhone 6 I was being a baby about it getting messed up

But I did get it a bit dirty

But yeah I should have put up a whole bunch of pictures !

I'll post a vid up of me taking off and driving by soon maybe a exhaust clip

Any guys out there doing a swap on their datto do it its so fun and worth it and If I could be of any help just ask

• Like 2

I'm going with the ka24e in my 521 should be a few months after Canby.. but forsure going down the front disc brakes..

I guess if I had found a de for a good deal I would have got one but i already had a bunch of E stuff so Ka-e it was..

now I have one that needs new timing chain and two that need rebuilt... well ones got a burnt crank sooo that's kinda junk. Lol

• Like 1