Honey Bee; Stinger

Mikeystoy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they sold it like that, with some cool extras like the excellent( L motor!), but no elongated grill, and maybe a vented hood? Or some kind of difference in rear panel. And A/C. I also have this cool ass Broadway mirror that came with mine. And a bigger console. (. HLA10 Console will fit with a bracket) and some turbines. Now that's a sport package.

No way - the Pinto is a subcompact. The 9.0 comes from big block cars. The 8.8 came out circa 1985 in the Turbo Coupe, Lincoln Mark VII and Mustang 5.0.

The first Ford 9" came out in 1957 in light pickups/panel trucks etc, and full sized Fords. I had three '57s, two Fairlane 500's with the 312 Interceptor V8, and one custom 300 with the 223 six, and all had 9" differentials in them. The 1975-79 Pinto came with an 8" differential when equipped with the 2.8 V6.   

And the Canadian ones had the 8"

In what, the Pinto, or the 57 Ford? The 8" first came out in the '62 Fairlane/Mercury Meteor V8.

I remember seeing a '58 Mercury M-100 (Canadian Ford) 1/2 ton pickup with the 9" underneath.

What I thought was interesting was the full size '61 Pontiac Parisienne with the factory Chevy truck 261 inline six. 

Canadian 2.3/2.8 pintos

I had a '74 Pinto Wagon with the 2.3 4 cyl & C4 automatic and it was made in St. Thomas, Ontario. This was a non-California spec car and did not have the 8" drop-out rearend. My sister-in-law had a '74 Ford Mustang II with the 2.8 V6 that did have the 8" rearend. I do remember seeing a '74 Mercury Bobcat (Pinto based) with the 2.8 V6 that did have the 8" rearend, and It had Canadian license plates. The early Mustang guys used to scrounge around the junkyards in the 70's,and 80's for the 8" third member from the Bobcats/ Pintos with the V6's for the lower gearing.

Saw your build thread and though of this sticker I made. I have a thing for 210s cuz my first real girlfriend had one. Funny enough, her name was Martha Ford. Great look'n B man.

MRBog.jpg

• Like 1

So we loaded up said rusty b210 coupe onto my coworkers trailer and promptly noticed there was nothing attaching the right side frame rail to the body; the tire just hits the fenderwell.

On the way home, the gas tank along with what was left of the hatch floor fell out onto the trailer.

Every nut and bolt is so rusty, I destroyed the dash getting the cluster out, but it was so rusted its unusable. The door panels, back seat and pass seat are in good shape, save for the speaker holes, the console is mint!