72.5 datsun 620 project lucy

mikeanike99

You'll be limited in how low you can set the ride height or the body will come down on the tire. You could probably run 8" but the back spacing on those are wrong is all. The rim should mount further in toward the body to fit inside the wheel well..

You could run 4" wide tires and stretch them onto the rims but lame looking. Sell and get the correct fit

choosingdiagram.jpg

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trucks looking nice. For a ratsun look I wouldn't paint it, I'd paint the original rims a BRIGHT Color like blue or red, slam it, and if you wanna go with the flat bed, get some old palates and make a wooden flatbed for it.

Two words to why I don't want an all wood bed

WOOD ROTS

But I could go get like 6 2x4's and a sheet of plywood and work my magic for about two days and make something cool as crap.... Good idea i might try it

Yeah I have been working with wood since I could walk my dad does it for a living. I was think treated wood for the frame and just paint the plywood with marine paint or something....

Paint it back, get a big ratsun stencil, and rattle can the ratsun logo on the wood bed.

Edit: many ratsuners do this on their hoods. Same principle

Edit 2: also, wood shipping palates are treated already, and you can find them on craigslist cheap or free. Take them apart with a hammer and a ply bar and a saw, and all you've gotta invest in is screws and bolts and nuts.

So today I got really bored and decided I didn't like the stock shifter and I ha some chain and I had some bolts and nuts and a welder.....

So I started with two bolts and welded them together....

2D2E052B-1168-46C2-BCC2-175399698A41_zps

Then I welded a nut to te end so I could weld the chain to it

27697334-138B-4BC0-8534-7D885936B2F6_zps

Then started welding the chain

5131263E-97A4-4981-A9D1-BE784D20443F_zps

And then the finish product I want to get it powder coated neon pink :rofl:

3F1FB86F-41B8-43F9-B6C1-0248E5284C06_zps

02AF7AF9-30BC-4A03-B99F-6932A895D42E_zps

• Like 1

I like your idea. I think it would look cooler if you went shorter, maybe four links, and take the curve out. I think the shifter is to long in the first place. Are you going to cut the top of your original shifter and weld the threads on, so you can put a shift knob on? Keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...

Lately I've been too busy for ratsun because I've been working and trying to earn money. But I have how ever done work on my truck!

1.lowered back 4" :thumbup:

2.painted transformer logos on doors and hood for the luls and because I am just going to later paint my truck

3.painted inside of bed with rust-oleum

4.painted tailgate with rust-oleum

5.put valence on

6.got bucket seats in trade for my bench seat and $30

Pictures to come! Later tomorrow....

Edit: I also redid my leaf pack and cut my finger open with a grinder :thumbup: