my 521's named sandy and sweet pea

gene knight

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

so here is an update on my 521 trucks. i sold the green 521 i named sweet pea earlier this year and did a write up about it after many years of having it, had to get a title for it also, and now here is update on bamboo tan 521 that i bought back then. i bought it and had to go bonded title i recently got another bed  cuz previous owners cut out bed floor with a cutting torch.  the 521 bed i got was tan underneath the green house paint that someone used a brush on. so i got to work stripping the green paint off with sandpaper/ paint stripping gel and pressure washer, and prepped and painted front of bed and back of cab the og bamboo tan paint. i had a yellow 620 bed on the 521  and used it for storage of 620 parts only. i do have some pix but uploading them is a hassle. i still need to finish bedsides and get painted as well as do a bedliner in it. the truck is a 1969 model so no side marker lights on fenders or bed and has a running L20b /4 speed in it. i will need to weld in pieces on bed where side marker lights go so then it will get the reflectors back on. after that i will  sell it

Edited by gene knight
needed more info
  • Sad 1
  • gene knight changed the title to my 521's named sandy and sweet pea
  • 2 months later...

been working on truck bed and frame to remove rest of green house paint on bed and rust on frame by using dustless blast using glass media blast i did some filling in small rust holes with filler/bondo and then shooting some 2k primer and then shooting some bamboo tan paint on bed and gloss black on frame, then spray in bedliner. still need to finish up tailgate and finish up with tail light harness then install refurbished tail light housings. then it's for sale as a running daily driver   also it has a L20B in it and clear arizona title

Edited by gene knight
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

tan truck- sandy looks like it might be sold and heading to california in 3 weeks and it is all painted the bamboo tan except for under the hood and i made a thin wood template for the dashtop and kick panels/door panel templates that will need recovered at the owners discretion 

Edited by gene knight
  • 2 weeks later...